cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLUNTARY ESCROW ACCOUNT PAYMENT. PLEASE HELP!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VOLUNTARY ESCROW ACCOUNT PAYMENT. PLEASE HELP!!!

New construction. FHA approved. My LO working on Closing Disclousure. Estimated annual property tax is around 15k. He provided me a document "CONSUMER VOLUNTARY ESCROW ACCOUNT" and asked me to pick an option. I'm confused to know which option to pick????? Please HELP!! 

NEW CONSTRUCTION CONSUMER DISCLOSURE FOR VOLUNTARY ESCROW ACCOUNT PAYMENT

The annualized fully assessed property taxes are estimated to be 15K on above property. However, during the first year, becuase your home is newly constructed, Property taxes paid out of escrow account may be assessed on unimproved or partially improved property. Under normal escrow practices, yoour monthly escrow payment in the second year could be much higher than in the first.

You may voluntarily choose to make higher payments during the first year to reduce or eliminate the monthly payment increase in the second year. In the event no election is made, the monthly tax excrow deposit will be based on umimproved or partially improved property tax assessement. If the escrow payment is based on the unimproved tax estimate, you will incur a substantial escrow shortage and increase monthly payments after the fully assesed tax amount has been paid from escrow account.

Please make your selections below:

_____________ Yes/I elect to pay monthly tax escrwo despoits based on estimate annualized fully assessed tax amount. The estimate annualized fully assessed tax amount is strictly an estimate, and your actual monthly escrow payment for property taxes may be higher or lower.

____________No/I do not elect to pay monthly tax escrow despoits based on estimated annualized fully assessed tax amount. I/we understand will be required to pay any future escrow aaount shortage resulting from lower payments over 12 month period.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VOLUNTARY ESCROW ACCOUNT PAYMENT. PLEASE HELP!!!

First off:  15K????!!!!!!  Holy moley.

Second of all, as I just got my CD for a new const today as well, with escrowing at unimproved amount, there is a cushion being collected, but I know there will be a shortage (and my payment will go up as well ) once the house is appraised for taxing authority on improved state.  There is thread I resurrected from a while back just yesterday...should still be on first page here...called unimproved vs improved.  maybe that will help you.

BTW I didnt have an option like yours to select from.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

15k only estimated. Tittle company may come way less.. not sure. I'm totally confused on which option would be best in terms of determining how to pay monthly escrow.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have two choices: pay more up front during construction that is held in escrow (interest free probably) so that when your house's final taxes are calculated, your mortgage payment won't change by much, or pay less during construction but when the house is finalized, your payment will jump up based on final tax assessment.

What do you want to do?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah but even at estimated thats CRAZY. 

@Anonymous wrote:

15k only estimated. Tittle company may come way less.. not sure. I'm totally confused on which option would be best in terms of determining how to pay monthly escrow.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will the closing disclosure also show a revised annual property tax different from estimated tax from LO? 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Will the closing disclosure also show a revised annual property tax different from estimated tax from LO? 

The Closing Disclosure comes from the lender; not the title company (use to be called a HUD-1 or Settlement Statement) like it use to.  The title company pulls a tax cert, but thats for the LO/Closing dept.  So no, whatever you are seeing is what you are going to see.  I thought you said you were looking at the closing disclosure? 

Message 7 of 8
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

I still laugh every time I hear people say $12-15k annually for property taxes is insane.  Up until a couple years ago, I just assumed that was the norm.  (Live in Texas, no state income tax, but they get you on the property tax bill)

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.