Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Va IRRRL Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Va IRRRL Questions

I will be closing on my home with a Va Loan in next 2 weeks but the rate is 5.125% due to when i started the process my score was under the 620 Threshold (611) By next month i will be at 620 and would like to find out if any Va Lenders will do a streamline within 6 months of purchasing the house.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Va IRRRL Questions

I purchased my new home in August 2017 with a VA loan. Offers began flooding in around month 3 for an IRRRL. By month 4, I couldn't answer my phone without talking to a mortgage company. I started looking in January, and found a few companies that was willing to start paperwork on an IRRRL at the middle of month of my fifth payment. I wound up doing a conventional loan instead, and just closed at the beginning of February. Got a great rate and am quite happy. Two of the companies that wanted to start early IRRRL paperwork are already asking if they can contact me again in four months to discuss an IRRRL at that time. So, I'd say, yes. They are tripping over themselfves to get at your guaranteed VA loan. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect let’s see which one trips first because rates are rising and I don’t want a 5.125% rate for the life of the loan looking around a 4.250% with fees included
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So today I got the myFICO update and my mid score has jumped from 611 up to 633!!

One problem already locked my rate and am like a week from closing at 5.125% Does anyone have va lenders that have no seasoning requirement before a Irrrl loan to drop the rate considerably
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.