Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification of rent

tag
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Re: Verification of rent

I requested a waiver for the VOR form. LO said is was do-able. We'll wait and see what the loan processor says.

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 21 of 27
adymax
Contributor

I want to ask. For an FHA loan is always necessary VOR ?  For the last year? We rented our current house for 1 year and 4 month. DO we need VOR from the previous  landlord?  Both are private owners not companies.

Message 22 of 27
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@adymax wrote:

I want to ask. For an FHA loan is always necessary VOR ?  For the last year? We rented our current house for 1 year and 4 month. DO we need VOR from the previous  landlord?  Both are private owners not companies.

Only required when you actually are renting and your loan needs to be manually underwritten.  So if you are living rent free, not needed... if you are renting and have an automated underwriting approval then it's not needed.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 23 of 27
PetuniaJane

Just to give another perspective...DH is a property manager and we also have a couple if investment properties. He gets checks dated much earlier than the date he receives them. NOT saying this is the situation with OP at all, but it's also a problem that landlords run into. I hope your landlord cooperates, because from what I've read you've done everything right. I know DH would be happy for your success, even if it meant losing a good tenant!
Message 24 of 27
Amythyst
Contributor

I had an automated underwriting approval and I still had to do rent verfication.  I think though it was more to check that I wasn't getting into payment shock because our current place we were renting at 907 a month and the place we were at before was 2424 a month.  Our mortgage payment is 2600 -  so, I think they were concerned about the 900 a months vs 2600.

Message 25 of 27
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

@PetuniaJane wrote:
Just to give another perspective...DH is a property manager and we also have a couple if investment properties. He gets checks dated much earlier than the date he receives them. NOT saying this is the situation with OP at all, but it's also a problem that landlords run into. I hope your landlord cooperates, because from what I've read you've done everything right. I know DH would be happy for your success, even if it meant losing a good tenant!

Yeah, I don't think the date on the check has a lot of relevance when it comes to late rent. Same thing with the date that it cleared. I may pay the rent on the 1st, but my landlord may cash it on the 15th.... Different story if the landlord says it's late, but it cleared the bank on the 2nd.

Now it's just the waiting game for me. I turned in 13 months of cancelled checks. I guess the underwriter has to look at everything again. Hope to hear something Monday!

Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 26 of 27
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Just an update:

My landlord turned in the VOR. I'm sure she wrote derogatory information, but my LO hasn't said anything.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.