Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Disappointing :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Very Disappointing :(

Thank you for the feedback, Wonderin. My daughter is 15 1/2 and i'm now being told you have to show 3 more years od expected support. She'll be beyond 18 by then so it doesn't look like we'd be able to use it anyway Smiley Sad

Scary, the more i dig into this the more difficult it becomes lol

I just got a referral for a buyers agent. I'm going to give her a call and see if she can give me a better feel for the market in my area. Maybe you're right and i'll be able to talk them down on price into my budget Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the feedback, Wonderin. My daughter is 15 1/2 and i'm now being told you have to show 3 more years od expected support. She'll be beyond 18 by then so it doesn't look like we'd be able to use it anyway Smiley Sad

I'm really sorry about that, Lady. Smiley Sad

Bastiges. Smiley Mad

Scary, the more i dig into this the more difficult it becomes lol

Yup ... that's how it was for us, too! I should've invested in Excedrin, Tums and Pepto .. Lord knows I ate'em like candy!!

I just got a referral for a buyers agent. I'm going to give her a call and see if she can give me a better feel for the market in my area. Maybe you're right and i'll be able to talk them down on price into my budget Smiley Happy

You know, I'm prolly talking out of my patootie, but yannow, if you buy soon, you'd get a nice $8K towards fixing up a home that needs some TLC (and doesn't have to be paid back, apparently). Do you think that you could find something that fits that bill? Something that's selling low today that you can modify "tomorrow?"

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again, Wonderin... Kudos! Smiley Wink

We ended up calling a Buyers Agent and we're going to look at homes in the $110k range tomorrow. I don't feel overly hopeful, most of them are bottom of the barrel but can't hurt to look! Unfortunately there's a lot of competition when you're in this low of a range, anything worth buying is gone instantly.

Also putting together a "case" for our lender with canceled child support checks, a notarized affidavit from the dad, and bank deposits. He said it will be up to underwriting but if it's accepted we'll be in a great range to buy a *good* home! I appreciate all the crossing Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 16
GFer
Valued Contributor

lady,

Please don't give up just yet. I've been looking for almost a year. PreApproval has been in place all that time. But I was damned and determined not to purchase anything I felt I couldn't afford. (I'm a single mother.) I was approved for $135,000...maybe $140,000 if taxes weren't too high.

Well, I wasn't comfortable with that because my situation. So I started looking at homes up to $100k. The homes in that price range around here are typically in pretty rough shape. Well, most of us know that if you plan on going FHA, that won't work!

I even offered to do some work (at my own expense---before the closing) to make something happen. Banks said NO CAN DO!!!

I got so bummed I even quit looking for awhile. Finally, my realtor helped pull me out of the slump and start again. As I stated on another post, she showed me a home another agent recommended. I didn't know about it till the day we saw it. At first, I wouldn't go in the house. It wasn't bad...just wasn't 'my style' in curb apeal at that moment. Turns out it was perfect and has everything I needed and WANTED!

It sold for 142,500 3 years ago! I got it for $99,000---actually $96,000 with concessions. The homes in the immediate area comp for between $160k and 240k.   Not a bad deal!

Please don't give up!!!! It can happen for you!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's great GFer! And very inspriring, thanks so much for sharing that with me. Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GFer wrote:

lady,

Please don't give up just yet. I've been looking for almost a year. PreApproval has been in place all that time. But I was damned and determined not to purchase anything I felt I couldn't afford. (I'm a single mother.) I was approved for $135,000...maybe $140,000 if taxes weren't too high.

Well, I wasn't comfortable with that because my situation. So I started looking at homes up to $100k. The homes in that price range around here are typically in pretty rough shape. Well, most of us know that if you plan on going FHA, that won't work!

I even offered to do some work (at my own expense---before the closing) to make something happen. Banks said NO CAN DO!!!

I got so bummed I even quit looking for awhile. Finally, my realtor helped pull me out of the slump and start again. As I stated on another post, she showed me a home another agent recommended. I didn't know about it till the day we saw it. At first, I wouldn't go in the house. It wasn't bad...just wasn't 'my style' in curb apeal at that moment. Turns out it was perfect and has everything I needed and WANTED!

It sold for 142,500 3 years ago! I got it for $99,000---actually $96,000 with concessions. The homes in the immediate area comp for between $160k and 240k.   Not a bad deal!

Please don't give up!!!! It can happen for you!

Yeah! What she said. (I would have said it again, but she says it better!!)

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.