Did you mean: 

Very Frustrated

tag
creditchild
Regular Contributor

Very Frustrated

Has anyone used a company by the name of mortgage solutions 

and if so how was your experience? It's been 3 months and 4 extensions for me

now I have a 7 day extension don't know if seller would go for another. I had 41 

conditions! I know crazy right,it's definitely been a night mare dealing with this 

company if it wasn't for my earnest money( $5000) I Would have walked away from these

people long time ago. Why does it take so much to buy a home? It's simple you don't pay you don't 

stay!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Very Frustrated

@creditchild wrote:

now I have a 7 day extension don't know if seller would go for another. I had 41 

conditions! I know crazy right,it's definitely been a night mare dealing with this 

company if it wasn't for my earnest money( $5000) I Would have walked away from these

people long time ago. Why does it take so much to buy a home? It's simple you don't pay you don't 

stay!

^^^Huge red flag. Never worked with them at all. 

Why would you lose your EMD of $5000 if you aren't approved?  Don't you have a mortgage financing contingency in the contract?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditchild wrote:

stay!

41 conditions?!?!? Are you kidding? Unless you have the most obscure, complicated, weird, ugly, red-headed step-child of a credit/overall profile, 41 conditions is absolutely crazy. And like StartingOver said: check your contract for mortgage financing condition. It is pretty standard procedure for most agents to write that into the contract. If yours included that, I would probably find another lender. Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

^^^I love this post above...it is exactly right.  Find another lender. For some reason it sounds like they really don't want to do your loan....

FYI, saw a loan commitment once for one of my buyers that was from a lender I don't use.  They showed me the commitment and it was pages and pages of conditions including conditions that were literally impossible to meet.  Similar issue with delay after delay and no closing. They cancelled the contract, got their money back and came to me next.

Long story short, I sent them to one of my trusted lenders instead after I spoke with their previous loan officer and noticed he had no idea of how to put this loan together. They closed 4 weeks later on a different house in the same area and never had all those conditions to meet with the new lender.  If a lender doesn't want to do the loan, they can find any number of reasons not to do it including putting in conditions that make no sense or are impossible to meet. [As an example in this instance the prior lender required city sewer and water to be brought to the house and yet the property is in a rural area of 180,000 acres where there is no city sewer and water. That is what I call an "impossible condition". ]

Lenders do have different underwriting criteria.  It is possible a new lender would be much more willing to make the mortgage loan to you.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.