Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very worried/USDA

tag
angelic159
Valued Member

Very worried/USDA

My USDA guaranteed loan file was due to be reviewed today. In light of the shutdown, that did not happen. The sellers have already signed one extension. I am very worried that I am now going to lose my dream home. Just wanted to get some opinions on how to proceed and looking for a way to vent. 😞
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Very worried/USDA

your realtor needs to call their realtor and explain the situation.... they will be concerned about timelines.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 4
angelic159
Valued Member

My realtor has already contacted their realtor, which is how we got the first extension. It only gives me two more weeks. I am just worried with how things are looking with the government shutdown and no signs of them reaching an agreement. I don't know that the sellers will be willing to sign another extension.
Message 3 of 4
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

@angelic159 wrote:
My realtor has already contacted their realtor, which is how we got the first extension. It only gives me two more weeks. I am just worried with how things are looking with the government shutdown and no signs of them reaching an agreement. I don't know that the sellers will be willing to sign another extension.

Look at it this way if your offer was the only offer then if they don't agree to another extension then the house goes back on the market and they have to go through showings all over again and it will take much longer to get another buyer. If I were the seller I wouldn't want to go back through that again it could take months to get another buyer. I think if they already signed a extension and they know there is nothing you can do right now they will sign another. They would be taking a huge risk by putting it back on the market. I think you will be okay I hope everything gets going again real soon for you and all the others hanging in the balance Smiley Happy

Sent to USDA on August 14th 2013 Approved September 5th CLOSED September 9th!!!!!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.