Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veteran United's Lighthouse Program

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Veteran United's Lighthouse Program

Anyone around here successfully use this?  We signed up last week and they are only pulling DH's report/scores, not mine.  Makes sense, I guess, he's the veteran and the breadwinner.  Of course they picked the one bureau to pull that has not caught up all the disputes and deletes that I've been working hard on for the last 6 weeks.  Equifax shows 18 collections accounts totalling pver $14k compared to the other bureaus that show 3-4 around $5k total (most of which will fall off in September).  What I'm really confused by is that the consultant told DH that his middle score is 616.  According to myFICO, his high (EXP) is 616 and his middle is 606.  Are they normally off so much?  Yes, I do know the difference and am specifically looking at the Mortgage scores, not the FICO 8s.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Veteran United's Lighthouse Program

when did you pull the scores from myfico?  if it was not on the same day which the lender pulled it, then it's possible some things changed on his report between those two instances which helped his score.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled them the same day.  And then today I pulled again just to double check.  The accounts she read off compare exactly to it, but the scores are 60 pts off (in our favor, but way off) and happens to match one of the other scores.  Makes me really curious. 

Message 3 of 9
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

hmmm...did she confirm which versions she used?  that's strange though.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 4 of 9
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

I'm curious if maybe they were looking at a scoring system other than Fico.  For the most part, you are there to work on the report, not the score, though there is a relationship.

It would be interesting to know if maybe they pull vantage 3 scores or something.

Dan

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

frugalQ - DH was on the phone with her and probably didn't think to ask

redbeard - DH did comment that she mentioned she was working off the report that was pulled last week when they tried to pre-qual us.  So I would assume it was FICO, but I'm not 100%.  I got the rejection letter in my email and it does say they pulled from Equifax and listed the score.  

And I do think they put a lot of stock in scores with that program.  Everything the ysuggest is based on, "okay, we're pulling your scores again on X day."   Our current goals are: pay current cards down to bump the scores over 620, get collections totals under $5k (not hard on the two reports, working on getting those deletes on the other one), and get satisfaction paperwork for our paid judgments.  She seems confident that doing those three things will put us in a position to be successfully pre-qualified.  And I suppose even if we added my credit, those same thing swould probably apply as I have less in collections than he does and similar scores. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Veterans United uses Equifax Mortgage Solutions and pulls the exact set of mortgage scores from each bureau that you find on MyFico. Whatever mortgage scores you see on MyFico - that is what they see.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Veterans United uses Equifax Mortgage Solutions and pulls the exact set of mortgage scores from each bureau that you find on MyFico. Whatever mortgage scores you see on MyFico - that is what they see.

That's what I thought upon seeing that's who they used, but either myFICO is really slow on updating, or she read that wrong! 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, questions answered today.  We had another LO pull our scores and they matched up to what the Lighthouse lady said, too.  And myFICO updated TU finally to show the right morgage score.  So he's looking at 533-616-617.  Weird little jump there from Equifax being so low, but meh. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.