Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veterans! Heads up

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Veterans! Heads up

If you are a veteran and honorably discharged, use your VA home loan! If you are disabiled due to service connected issues, USE YOUR VA HOME loan!!!!!

seriously, you are losing out if you aren't using your benefits offered by the VA. I personally have had my own issues with the VA but the home loan is worth it! 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Veterans! Heads up

This spring... I will... I promise. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 10
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This spring... I will... I promise. Smiley Very Happy

Good! 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 3 of 10
wagsk1
Regular Contributor

Plan to do so in a few months. Any suggestions on who to use here in NJ? I have only contacted USAA so far.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wagsk1 wrote:

Plan to do so in a few months. Any suggestions on who to use here in NJ? I have only contacted USAA so far.

If you're a credit union member (any CU), check them out. Many do VA loans.

Message 5 of 10
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@wagsk1 wrote:

Navy Federal...Franklin American did mine though

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm 100% service connected who never had a VA loan.  I owe $116,000 on a home equity line of credit.  I'm not on the title.  Can VA refinance or help in any way?  I'm 53 years old and get social security as well (about $50K/year total).  I don't live where I took out the loan and have no contact with the cosigner whose property was used as collateral (see help requested posted-analog9).

Message 7 of 10
jackg
Established Contributor

I'm a Vietnam Vet, WIC and rated 100%. I live in Michigan. I mention these things for a good reason, in 2013 the Michigan Governor Rick Snyder signed into law P.A. 161 of 2013, it amended MCL211.7b and Property Tax Exemption for disabled veterans who are 100% disabled or are being paid at the 100% rate (unemployability for example).

I applied for my VA home loan on October 15, 2014 and closed on my home on November 14, 2014. The same day I took my closing papers and my application for Property Tax Exemption to my Townships Tax assessors office and on December 18th I got a letter from them saying my application had been approved. This exemption is worth just over $500 a month less I have to pay.

If you live in MICHIGAN, are a disabled veteran (100%) you absolutely must take advantage of what's being offered to you!!!!!!!

We were treated like crap when we got back from 'Nam but, things are changing in the eyes of the general public. People are finally figuring out that we all weren't baby killers.

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 8 of 10
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

@jackg wrote:

I'm a Vietnam Vet, WIC and rated 100%. I live in Michigan. I mention these things for a good reason, in 2013 the Michigan Governor Rick Snyder signed into law P.A. 161 of 2013, it amended MCL211.7b and Property Tax Exemption for disabled veterans who are 100% disabled or are being paid at the 100% rate (unemployability for example).

I applied for my VA home loan on October 15, 2014 and closed on my home on November 14, 2014. The same day I took my closing papers and my application for Property Tax Exemption to my Townships Tax assessors office and on December 18th I got a letter from them saying my application had been approved. This exemption is worth just over $500 a month less I have to pay.

If you live in MICHIGAN, are a disabled veteran (100%) you absolutely must take advantage of what's being offered to you!!!!!!!

We were treated like crap when we got back from 'Nam but, things are changing in the eyes of the general public. People are finally figuring out that we all weren't baby killers.

jackg,

Congratulations on your new home!  Thank you for your service during a conflict that painted those who defended our freedom in such a negative light.  It has taken so very long for those warm embraces that should have been received by your generation of service members to finally receive them from a greatful nation.  Merry Christmas to you and yours!  What a way to end the year!

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 9 of 10
jackg
Established Contributor

Thank you very much for your kind words, much appreciated.  I don't have any hard feelings towards any citizens regarding how we were treated but I'm very glad that people finally stopped listening to our own government spokespersons belittle us.  Fools and politicians have much in common.

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.