cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WANT FHA LOAN IN AUGUST,NEED ADVICE COLLECTION AGENCY NOW CONTACTING ME AT HOME,HOUNDING ME.

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

WANT FHA LOAN IN AUGUST,NEED ADVICE COLLECTION AGENCY NOW CONTACTING ME AT HOME,HOUNDING ME.

Hi everyone I need help in decision making.  I had a household bank charge off in 4/05 this account was purchaed by a debt collector portfolio recovery in 11/07 amount now owed $935.00 mostly interest, I disputed this account with EX last month for inaccurate information being reported.  I now wish I NEVER disputed, now there is a dispute by consumer on my credit file,a major problem( recieved today finalized disputed letter from EX stating information was updated and in the comment section disputed by consumer according to the fair credit reporting act) and now I am being hounded contacted via phone and now by mail by portfolio since I disputed.  I have the money to pay this account off and get them off my back, but I am afraid my score will drop do not know how much, also when I call EX and ask them to remove the disputed by consumer comment and they will not do it.  I am so crushed right now and upset any advice, and loan agents out there what should I do.  Thank You

5/09 TU-722

5/09 EQ-689

Last Fico EX-694

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WANT FHA LOAN IN AUGUST,NEED ADVICE COLLECTION AGENCY NOW CONTACTING ME AT HOME,HOUNDING ME.

If possible, negotiate a PFD (Pay for delete agreement).
Message 2 of 6
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Re: WANT FHA LOAN IN AUGUST,NEED ADVICE COLLECTION AGENCY NOW CONTACTING ME AT HOME,HOUNDING ME.

Check out the rebuilding forum for advice. They will be able to give the absolute best advice to get it fixed. THEN, come back here and let us help you!

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 3 of 6
tray
Valued Contributor

Thank You, TxJohn and Wannahouse for your reply, I am going to write a pfd letter tonoc even though I heard this collection agency is awful to deal with.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just settled an account with Port Recov. It was an account over 5 years old and my score didn't go up or down after the settlement reported to all three agencies. They sent me a "bailout" letter with 3 options for settlement. When I put together the money I called and asked for a settlement letter. They wouldn't agree to send out one unless I gave them my checking account info. I refused to give them checking info since I planned to overnight a certified check instead. It took three more phone calls until I found someone who would do it.

A PFD of course would be the best case scenario.  Good Luck!!!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whether your CA is paid or unpaid, FICO does not disntiguish for scoring purposes.  A paid CA only helps for LO review.  So when at all possible, get a PFD.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.