Not applicable

WHAT IS D U approval?

I have DU approval THIS IS GOOD SIGNAL?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Mark_in_Pasadena
Regular Contributor

Re: WHAT IS D U approval?

Desktop Underwriter Software.... https://www.efanniemae.com/sf/technology/ou/du/aboutdu.jsp

So in effect, a computer program approved you, not a human with common sense for more complicated situations.  If you're just a simple W-2 employee, with simple finances, then the computer program can approve you without the need for manual underwriting by a human being.

Message 2 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

if the loan officer input good data, then it is very good.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 6
happy0510
Established Contributor

Isn't DU and AU the same thing?  I got a DU approval as well, but I seen it as AU approval. Confused now!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

DU is a type of AU, like LP & FHA TOTAL are... confused?  Smiley Happy

DU is Fannie Mae's version of automated underwriting (AU), LP (LoanProspector) is Freddie Mac's... FHA TOTAL Scorecard is used when you are applying for an FHA loan, both DU & LP have the ability to "transform" themselves into FHA TOTAL Scorecard... and believe it or not, sometimes running an FHA loan through DU's FHA TOTAL will get a different response than LP's FHA TOTAL.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 6
happy0510
Established Contributor

@ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:

DU is a type of AU, like LP & FHA TOTAL are... confused?  Smiley Happy

DU is Fannie Mae's version of automated underwriting (AU), LP (LoanProspector) is Freddie Mac's... FHA TOTAL Scorecard is used when you are applying for an FHA loan, both DU & LP have the ability to "transform" themselves into FHA TOTAL Scorecard... and believe it or not, sometimes running an FHA loan through DU's FHA TOTAL will get a different response than LP's FHA TOTAL.

Awwwe! Geez...Shane. You did it again!

I seen this under  Risk/Eligibilty

1 This loan has been underwritten through DU for government loans using the FHA TOTAL Scorecard

This feels good!! Still no house of course!! Lol

HappySmiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.