Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY????

tag
eva322
Established Member

WHY????

Why must lenders wait until days before u are supposed to close to give u the clear to close??? We are dying over here! This would have been our last weekend here in our rental house and we could have been packing all weekend non stop but we are afraid to pack full force until we hear! Our closing is this coming Friday Aug 9th at 10 am. Anyone else living on the edge right now with no final say and closing in days??
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Elcid89
Contributor

Re: WHY????

I've seen clear to close approvals come on the morning of closing, although that is egregious. Best advice is to stay in touch with your LO and drive the process to make sure all works out as it should.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 2 of 7
JAM2013
Established Member

I understand where you're coming from.  I believe we received the final approval on a Tuesday and closed on a Friday.  It practically came down to the wire, but we were confident we'd be approved so that helped.

Message 3 of 7
eva322
Established Member

Ugghhh...and we still dont know Smiley Sad maybe Tuesday will be our day too?? Fingers crossed! Thanks for replying. Im glad to know we arent alone.
Message 4 of 7
azguy13
Senior Contributor

When I closed on my home is 2010 it was so that they could check to make sure I did not apply for or receive any new financing that would affect my DTI or affect my ability to pay the mortgage. 

It is a pain but it is necessary. 

Message 5 of 7
eva322
Established Member

Theyre so "nit picky" these days! This has been so stressful.
Message 6 of 7
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@eva322 wrote:
Theyre so "nit picky" these days! This has been so stressful.

Oh I understand completely. I was stressing back when I bought mine too. Luckily, I was using a VA home loan on a new build so it was pretty painless. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.