Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOO HOO! We closed!!!

tag
wpbguy
Valued Member

WOO HOO! We closed!!!

After the all the anxiety, heartbreak, anticipation, disbelief, information overload and a whole heap of praying and faith, we closed today Smiley LOL

After so many years of wanting to own my own home, but unable afford one because prices were so high six years ago, then not having the credit to qualify three years ago, then not being able to get a offer to stick on any house just over a month ago, the journey has reached its destination. Let's review:

* I worked on my credit by disputing, paying off, educating myself (on this site), and growing up.

* I saved money (as best as I could).

* I found a mortgage lender, one of the absolute best, on this very site might I add Smiley Wink

* I found a realtor, one of the finest I might add, ALSO on this very site again Smiley Very Happy

* I kept constant contact with my realtor and loan officer, listened to podcasts about home ownership and financing, joined multiple forums and site, and questioned everything until I had no questions. I really because good at knowing how it all should work.

* In just 6 weeks, I saw over 500 houses online, drove over 724 miles, toured over 25 properties, made 8 offers, suffered 3 heartbreaks, had 2 inspections, and signed 1 mortgage.

And all I have to show for it is this beautiful house that is really and truly mine.

Now if I can just get the darn keys and move in already!!! 

Special thanks to my realtor and loan officer. The MyFICO mash-up between the two was great and fun to be a part of. With rock stars like these two, the rest becomes easy. Thanks guys Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 612 (CU Lender Pull) 03-2012
Current Score: EQ 679 TU 697 (Lender Pull) EX 668 (Lender Pull)
Goal: Reach the 700+ Club!!!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: WOO HOO! We closed!!!

Beautiful...Congrats!!!

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 22
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

Very nice! Congrats-

Message 3 of 22
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

Woo Hoo indeed! Wow that is quite a journey but glad you made it out with a beautiful house! Enjoy....can't wait to join you.

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Message 4 of 22
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Congrats wpbguy!!

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 22
wpbguy
Valued Member

@ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:

Congrats @wpbguy!!

Thanks Shane. I couldn't have done it without you. But, you already knew that Man LOL

Really though, thanks for making it happen so seamlessly and for answering my millions of questions.

Message 6 of 22
qtcbcute
Contributor

Congrats wpbguy!!!

Starting Score: ?
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 720

Message 7 of 22
wpbguy
Valued Member

@newhouse2013 wrote:

Woo Hoo indeed! Wow that is quite a journey but glad you made it out with a beautiful house! Enjoy....can't wait to join you.

Thanks newhouse2013. Be diligent, ask questions and go through the process with confidence. If you get knocked down, dust yourself off and add the experience to your arsenal. It will happen for you too Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 22
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Awesome! Great job! 

Message 9 of 22
Ron6262
Regular Contributor

Closed on our tuesday, couldnt even sleep that night.  We are so excited about our little slice of heaven!!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.