Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOO HOO! We closed!!!

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: WOO HOO! We closed!!!

Congrats! What a beautiful home!! Smiley Happy You worked really hard for it, now it's yours...

Message 11 of 22
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

Congrats, this is one lovely home.

Message 12 of 22
wpbguy
Valued Member

Thanks to the other half of my dream team (hint, hint)! To say that this forum was directly involved with my first home purchase would an understatement of the biggest caliber Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 612 (CU Lender Pull) 03-2012
Current Score: EQ 679 TU 697 (Lender Pull) EX 668 (Lender Pull)
Goal: Reach the 700+ Club!!!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 22
wpbguy
Valued Member

Thanks Limbo Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 22
foofighter74
Established Contributor

yeah, yeah...so shane was your mortgage dude, and starting over was  your realtor.  Congrats, you found people who are good at their job. lol

Me? I've got a 126 year old loan officer who took our application two months ago...their processor sent out and received all employment verifications and such 6 weeks ago...we get a closing date from the builder, and our loan officer says "Well, we'll try to meet that date." 

It's 6 weeks from now.  They can't underwrite a file and clear it when they've had it since January and they've been working it since March 21st? Really?  There's no credit issues.  None.  Not even a late payment within 3 years.  Lowest mid score is 669.  You'll TRY to get it done in 40 days?  REALLY!!! 

lol  I'm cracking up. 

Message 15 of 22
wpbguy
Valued Member

Wow, that's rough. If I didn't have open communications with my realtor and loan officer, I would have been a nervous wreck. I had so many questions and inquiries that needed either clarification or reassurance. It's difficult enough to go through this process without absolute confidence. I had very specific deadlines to meet and made that very clear upfront. I think I provided a little cushion, but not enough to be lax about anything. But to top it off with poor communication is just a crime.

I'm rooting you my friend! Keep the faith Smiley Happy 

Message 16 of 22
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Thanks, it will all be sorted out I am sure. 

Anyway, you have a great house and the landscaping looks amazing.  Nice work!

Message 17 of 22
wpbguy
Valued Member

@foofighter74 wrote:

Thanks, it will all be sorted out I am sure. 

Anyway, you have a great house and the landscaping looks amazing.  Nice work!

When we first saw this house, we knew this was the one. It's one of those houses you don't expect to get with your first home purchase (being a realist, at least that 's how I felt). I was pretty sure I would end up with a light fixer-upper that would be nice and decent and meet our general needs. My only pre-requisite was a garage and hers was a dishwasher, lol! We had seen so many different houses and different possibilities that my initial vision completely morphed, and for the better. We actually lost this house the first time we made a bid on it to a cash buyer. I was very disappointed, but my wife was crushed. This was the second heartbreaking offer that she suffered. So when the sellers sought us out to buy their home, completely uncontested, 17 houses and 5 more disappointing offers later, I knew there were some serious forces at work.

I am very grateful to say the least Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 22
foofighter74
Established Contributor

That's a great story and I'm happy it worked out! OBviously you worked very hard to put yourself in a great position and things happened apparently the way they were meant too! Congrats again!

My wife applied for and nearly got a job that would have been a huge step up for her at the beginning of 2012 - not to mention a lot more money.  In the end, the company hired in-house and my wife was pretty disappointed.   Anyway, as we started the mortgage process in early 2013...the company she had interviewed with the previous year called her just after we received our pre-approval and asked if she was still interested in the position as the person they originally hired decided to quit. 

She wound up getting the job, a huge raise, and we were able to add some things to the house we were building because we had the extra money in our budget.  It was interesting how everything fell into place.  Hopefully that continues!

Message 19 of 22
wpbguy
Valued Member

That's awesome bud! Don't forget to post some pics when it's done Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.