Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTH?

tag
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

Re: WTH?

Foolishness at it's best!  I hope myfico does something about this...

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 11 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@NY_Beauty wrote:

Foolishness at it's best!  I hope myfico does something about this...

If something comes from it we'll update things here.  I wasn't going to yank one of the admins away from either family or football or other weekend activities over this one though.

Given the forum's stated goal of "We at myFICO believe that through credit education and by taking greater individual control of personal finances, people are better able to achieve the financial goals that will help to enrich and fulfill their lives," distributing the info to a potentially larger audience is probably not an issue.  As an example, when I go a Googling for various credit-related things, I wind up with ficoforums links often as the first result back and several of them for that matter (Google search > ours, sadly).

While I admit it's a little annoying their taking information without due credit given, I suspect we have done similar in the past so I'm not going to go throwing stones on that count.  There's no default copyright on good ideas or good information, and unfortunately the Internet is still a bit of the wild West when it comes to etiquette about such things.

        
Message 12 of 15
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

they have stolen the intellectual property of myfico(YOUR posts are the intellectual property of myfico unless explicitly implied otherwise) in the hopes that people will find THEIR site for certain search terms in the search engines.

once someone is there, they get to view ads on THAT site instead of here.

their isp will get a nasty letter from the fair isaac company soon.
 LOL

Retired Lender
Message 13 of 15
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Their website appears to be down. :-) it doesn't load up anymore.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 14 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

they have stolen the intellectual property of myfico(YOUR posts are the intellectual property of myfico unless explicitly implied otherwise) in the hopes that people will find THEIR site for certain search terms in the search engines.

once someone is there, they get to view ads on THAT site instead of here.

their isp will get a nasty letter from the fair isaac company soon.
 LOL

Possibly, technically the site is but there's some jargon on the forum specific ToS and user guidelines that rather implies our opinions are our own, in which case I suspect it's hard to claim intellectual property of FICO but I'm not a lawyer.

Also given that the forums don't have much in the way (any according to my script blockers) advertising or other shennignans other than some user tracking and metrics, I think it'd be hard to claim damages in FICO's case either.  For that matter, I suspect the other forum would be increasing FICO's revenue anyway as we do tend to push myFICO services above others.

These are just my own interpretations as an individual not a moderator or representative of anyone/thing of myself blah blah blah Smiley Happy.

Anyway, as far as the site in question goes, we (the mods) did get a response that the site will be brought up with the FICO legal team as you intimate.

        
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.