Contributor
bsf56

Wait to lock in?

I've been following the news a bit watching stocks fall and bonds rise.  My loan officer is still telling me that rates haven't changed this week.  Any thoughts from the wise mortgage people here?  Should I go ahead and lock in now or wait it out...I'm closing Dec. 3rd.

Thanks!
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: Wait to lock in?

They are going up-
and then they will go up again,
Contributor
bsf56

I'm confused.  I have been trying to educate myself on interst rates, and I am just confusing myself.  I watched the bond market all day yesterday thinking that when bonds were up, rates go down.  Is that wrong?  The market showed a -.10% yield change, but today rates were .10 higher....or at least that is what my loan officer said.  Can anyone enlighten me?  I could have locked in at 6.75% yesterday....today it's 6.875.  Should I take 6.875?  I'm confused!  
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

When you find someone who can predict what the mortgage rate is going to do, please tell me!

And if you do think you have found someone, I have this bridge for sale in NY.....:smileyvery-happy:
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Contributor
bsf56

Boy, thanks for the help.
Regular Contributor
Vanyel

For what it's worth, I'd lock now.  I think that the rates are going up.  Of course this is just my opinion, and we all know about opinions.  :-)

Van

FICO 6/25/08 TU 668 EQ 646 EX 652
FACO 6/25/08 TU 655 EQ 622 EX 641
Recovering from the App Spree that dropped me like a rock. Post Car loan apps as well.
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=loans&thread.id=667&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

I have been right 4 months in a row-

Lock yesterday-

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+