cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for a counter-offer, and biting my nails...wish us luck!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting for a counter-offer, and biting my nails...wish us luck!!

First, we sold our house last week (YAY!!!!) and the buyers look really strong -they have an approval letter and don't have to sell a house of their own. And in this crappy market, we got a pretty decent price.

We have an FHA automated approval for our next house. Double-yay!! 

We found a house we love this weekend and put in an offer this morning. Now we're waiting, biting our nails, to get their counter-offer. It's a gorgeous house with a fantastic pool and backyard. We should hear back by 7pm...We're really hoping we can come to an agreement with the sellers! Wish us luck!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Waiting for a counter-offer, and biting my nails...wish us luck!!

Sending good thoughts your way....
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

YAY!!! Happy dancin' for you in the moonlight!! Smiley Happy

And DUH!! Sending oodles of good wishes your way! Even hoping that they counter your offer with a LOWER offer (though I know that won't realistically happen -- but STILL!!!)!!!

Hugs!!!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, it's not going to be a lower offer. But wouldn't that be nice. Smiley Tongue

The house is absolutely gorgeous and our agent tells us that it has gotten a lot of traffic in the 2 months it has been on the market, so I don't think the sellers are desperate. But if it's meant to be, it'll happen...

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, Darlin', consider my fingers, toes, eyes and legs crossed!!! If it CAN cross without a trip to the ER, it IS!! Smiley Happy

Don't stress ... I see good things for you!! You're Good People!! Smiley Happy
Hugs!!!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, that didn't work out so well for us. They've upgraded the crap out of the house (above the comps in the neighborhood) so they're not going to settle for less than their asking price, even though comps are an average of 20k less than they're asking. They want to get back 100% of their investment in upgrades. Even their realtor says they are being unrealistic and acting like they don't really want to sell.

So, back to the drawing board...I had to break it to our DD this morning that we aren't getting that house and she's devastated. Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 8
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

30-60 days from now you'll see a price reduction, ask your agent to keep an eye on that home so you can pounce on it once they reduce their asking price.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Shane...I'm hoping 30 - 60 days from now we'll be in or under contract for our next house. We're trying to avoid going into a rental; we can't find anyone who will do less than a year lease and we don't want to wait that long. But if we are still in the market we'll definitely keep an eye on the house...if we've already found something, then we'll just drive by their house, point & laugh when they drop the price.

Yeah, it's a little mean...but they're a little pig-headed. They wouldn't even consider leaving the custom window treatments for anything less than a full offer. Who gets a full offer in this market? And what are they going to do with custom window treatments once they don't own the windows they were made for????

OK, ok...I'm done...moving on. Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.