Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for final approval-Mortage company verified student loan information

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting for final approval-Mortage company verified student loan information

Did anyone have their student loans verified? The credit report deparment for my lender called me on a 3 way call with the US Dept of Education, they asked the Dept of Ed was I current,was there ever any late payments, how much do I pay a month and the balance. Is this standard practice?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Waiting for final approval-Mortage company verified student loan information

Does all of that information appear on the lender's credit report?  It might not, and the US Dept of Education might only verify the information if you are on the line as well.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Waiting for final approval-Mortage company verified student loan information

Yes come to think of it,she did mention incomplete information. I'm suppose to close on the 19th and the lender is just doing a VOE.
Message 3 of 8
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

A VVOE (not just a VOE) is one of the last items that is done before your docs are drawn up for signing, but if it's an actual VOE (written one) then it's to get income to make sure you still qualify, and you are right, that should have been taken care of quite a few days ago, or at least not the day before you are expected to close.  I'd call up your LO and ask if there are any other items that need to be taken care of or if that is it.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAH! Got the final approval today, the lender has sent the closing instructions over to the title company and upon reciept of the settlement statement the docs will be sent over!Smiley Very Happy Thanks to everyone on the board! Shane your the best!! I will give you a update after closing tomorrow! Finally!!!
Message 5 of 8
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Congrats!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Waiting for final approval-Update***Closed

Closed on Thursday! Everything went really well, we got the keys the same day!Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
hijinxu
Valued Member

Re: Waiting for final approval-Update***Closed

Dont forget to change the locks!
EQ: 611 | TU: 585 | EX 621 3/11/09 (EX thanks to my lender) also near 100% util
EQ: 570 | TU: 558 | EX:585 5/12/08
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.