Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for nothing? This is EXHAUSTING! Help PLEASE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting for nothing? This is EXHAUSTING! Help PLEASE

And also waiting for disputes to come off before we can proceed with a rapid rescore! I am so stressed out, I thought buying a home was a good experience? The pre-approval process is a HUGE headache! I made 26 calls and 32 emails to AFNI and they are finally deleting my collection. I then called EQ Dorothy is deleting the disputes but now I have to call TRANS and EX. I faxed something to TRANS but thinking I will call too? My lender will not attempt a rapid rescore until these are gone and I am really hoping they are not hard to get off. Then I want to wait until the 13th for the rapid rescore so my scores can reflect my new UTIL once Capital one, discover report. Last month it was at 44% but I paid them down to 0 and left my AU accounts (2) as well as my revolving car loan which I owe 50% on so am I dreaming thinking I may receive atleast a 20 points jump by paying down my cards? The balance was at 75% of the limit last month. Do I have to wait until the 13th or will the rapid rescore speed this process up regarding my UTIL?? I am hoping I will get a nice little jump from rapid rescore once the deleted collection(AFNI) reports the account is from last year? It was my only unpaid collection.

Thank you- You all have been WONDERFUL!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Waiting for nothing? This is EXHAUSTING! Help PLEASE

Buying a home is rarely a good exerience.  It's stressful and aggravating but totally worth it in the end.(at least I hope so!)  Good luck!

Message 2 of 6
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Hudson - I am going through the same process and it is super stressful! I am currently waiting for lower balances to report, trying to get disputes removed (for the dozenth darn time!!), etc all the while hoping my score comes up enough to allow us to be approved for a mortgage to buy the home we're building. I totally know how you feel, but if it works out, it will be WELL worth the stress of the process Smiley Happy

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 3 of 6
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

I know how you feel. I am in the midst of buying a home and I try to get my mind off the process because I am not sleeping. I'm depressed and anxious all the time, and worried about new home expenses.

I used to marvel at the posters on this board who were so stressed out about buying a home. I was so envious and thought how could anyone be stressed about getting to buy a new home? Well, now I know.

I have been in your shoes and had to fight credit problems so I know how frustrating it can be. Add that to the general anxiety level of being mid-home-buying-process and I'm really feeling bad for you!

Just remember, wine is readily available. Smiley Surprised)

Amex PRG. Amex Blue. Amex ED. Cap 1 Quiksilver. Saks Fifth Avenue. Neiman Marcus. Grandin Road. Target Red Card. Barclay Rewards. Home Depot. Paypal BML. Affirm. Victoria's Secret. Care Credit. Lumber Liquidators. Art Van. Evine. Firestone. Discount Tire. Discover IT.
Message 4 of 6
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Agreed, wine is always the answer... see my avatar Smiley Happy

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian was easy as far as removing the dispute comments.  I saw on a post somewhere that people had success getting TU dispute comments removed by sending a letter to the TU fraud fax line 714-525-0668.  I had my husband send a fax yesterday and I am hopeful it will work for us.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.