Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for title company to send title commitment to lender

tag
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

Re: Waiting for title company to send title commitment to lender

well you are right there StartingOver, our realtor has not been the best. She hasnt talked to me since last week and has mentioned nothing about the process, it has all been the lender the one who has talked to me.  The property is owned by a person who is also represented by a realtor,  we live in a small town and honestly the law firm seems to be one of those small companies too.  I hope the turned it what was needed,  I will talk to the lender again on Monday and they better be on point because im not loosing my earnest money bc some people decided to be lazy,  we moved up the closing by a week because of my job and they were fine with it.  

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 11 of 14
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Jess21 wrote:

well you are right there StartingOver, our realtor has not been the best. She hasnt talked to me since last week and has mentioned nothing about the process, it has all been the lender the one who has talked to me.  The property is owned by a person who is also represented by a realtor,  we live in a small town and honestly the law firm seems to be one of those small companies too.  I hope the turned it what was needed,  I will talk to the lender again on Monday and they better be on point because im not loosing my earnest money bc some people decided to be lazy,  we moved up the closing by a week because of my job and they were fine with it.  

That sounds like good news. By 'they' I hope you mean both the seller and the lender. The lender has to have notice to get it through the closing department and to the title co timely and the seller has to know, naturally, so they can move a week earlier.

Don't be afraid to contact your agent and get her to do her job by updating you on your file. Sometimes a gentle prodding works...sometimes you have to be more bold. Just ask her - hey, this is my first purchase, what is going on!?!!

Message 12 of 14
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

WE GOT OUR CLEAR TO CLOSE TODAY!!! im so excited I cannot believe we are soo close to making our dreams come true.

BTW...StartingOver, I did mean the seller and the lender, the seller is not local so he was pretty happy to get it done a little sooner too. 

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 13 of 14
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Jess21 wrote:

WE GOT OUR CLEAR TO CLOSE TODAY!!! im so excited I cannot believe we are soo close to making our dreams come true.

BTW...StartingOver, I did mean the seller and the lender, the seller is not local so he was pretty happy to get it done a little sooner too. 

Time to celebrate!  Yea...congrats on your Clear to Close!  You are almost there, all you have to do is sign your life away at closing and move Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.