So, our lender sent me a form to waive our right to a copy of the appraisal 3 days before closing. It states they will try to get it to us before then, but that the loan will fall through if they can't meet the requirement and we don't waive our right. Should I sign this form? It worries me whenever you have to give up a right to proceed with something...
Thanks for the quick replies!
Well, our LO claims an appraisal was ordered at least a week ago. Our closing date isn't until Aug 21st. It seems like that would be quite a bit of time to elapse before Aug 18th rolls around...
[EDIT]: I should add, that Aug 21st was just an arbitrary date. I don't need to be in the house until the very end of Aug (when my apt rolls over to a month-to-month situation, landlord is pretty cool). I only want to avoid an unnecessary extra month of rent. The sellers aren't especially motivated to sell (they flipped the house), they're only itching for their money. It's not like their home-buying would be put on hold.
Do you think the LO just tossed in this form out of habit?