cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want a VA loan, but delayed by robosigning. What to do?

tag
zoomie

Want a VA loan, but delayed by robosigning. What to do?

Question about "robosigning" (Non VA-loan).We had a house go through the foreclosure process and all the way to sheriff sale when the judgment of foreclosure was "vacated" due to the robosigning fiasco.This caused the foreclosure process to start from scratch which delayed the process over a year.Had the process gone through the first time, we would have now met the 2 year waiting period.I contacted the VA center in my area and explained the situation to them. They said it would be up to the lender to decide if the "robosigning delay" would be taken into consideration for the 2 year wait...... Has anyone heard of people in this situation?

We would like to obtain another loan, but not sure how much longer we will have to wait.thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Want a VA loan, but delayed by robosigning. What to do?

Just wondering... What is robosigning? Sorry, I've just never heard that term before...

Message 2 of 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Want a VA loan, but delayed by robosigning. What to do?

I agree about the banks only looking at the actual f/c sale date.

The time period that is measured by the new lender is from the date the property is deeded from you back to the bank (as the start date) to the new loan application date.

Anything that happens in between is not factored in at all. Since the original f/c was vacated, its as if it never happened. The underwriter is only going to look at verifyable data. Use the extra time to build up your reserves and your score and the time will fly by - before you know it you will meet the criteria. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.