Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to check my credit score before I start the mortgage pre-approval process

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to check my credit score before I start the mortgage pre-approval process

So what's the best one to check.  FICO from this site for $15.95, or is there a better one (and which one Experian or Transunion)?  Not interested in daily or monthly monitoring right now, just want to know what the score any potential lender will see so I can have some idea of whats going on LOL (I've never bought a house before).  Also, I'm assuming me pulling the report won't affect the score at all, correct?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Want to check my credit score before I start the mortgage pre-approval process

I don't know where you can buy both EQ and TU without the reports.  EX no longer sells their FICO to the consumer.

You may be able to pull only one report and a score from Equifax.com (and look hard for the FICO score) and Transunioncs.com.

Message 2 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Want to check my credit score before I start the mortgage pre-approval process

@Anonymous wrote:

So what's the best one to check.  FICO from this site for $15.95, or is there a better one (and which one Experian or Transunion)?  Not interested in daily or monthly monitoring right now, just want to know what the score any potential lender will see so I can have some idea of whats going on LOL (I've never bought a house before).  Also, I'm assuming me pulling the report won't affect the score at all, correct?

Thanks!

There are often discounts available. Just do an internet search for "myfico discounts" to save you a little money.

Pulling your own report and/or score will never hurt you.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 3 of 4
mauve
Valued Contributor

I believe you can just get the TU score by calling them, but I'm pretty sure it's a FAKO. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.