cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to buy a home 620 credit score

tag
ViewSonic

Wanting to buy a home 620 credit score

I am wanting to know who will finance in Texas based on a 620 Fico mid score? I am looking to buy a 250k home. I will have at least 25k to put down, and I make 135k+ per year. I do have some charge offs and collections on my credit report due to a divorce a couple of years ago. Is a mortgage still possible?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
edcampbell613
Contributor

Re: Wanting to buy a home 620 credit score

620 score is fine, 

depending on the charge offs.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ViewSonic wrote:

I am wanting to know who will finance in Texas based on a 620 Fico mid score? I am looking to buy a 250k home. I will have at least 25k to put down, and I make 135k+ per year. I do have some charge offs and collections on my credit report due to a divorce a couple of years ago. Is a mortgage still possible?

It's possible, but the lender may put some overlays in depending on how the collections/charge-offs look. If they are recent or still open, they may require them to be paid off or they may not. They may require a certain downpayment or they may require a higher credit score.  Depends on the type of loan you're getting. FHA is more lenient.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure you will have no problem finding a lender that will get you an FHA loan.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.