Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was so intrigued I joined the business!

tag
Ron6262
Regular Contributor

Was so intrigued I joined the business!

After being a member here for over a year and going through the trials and tribulations of credit rebuilding and the mortgage process I decided to enter into the fray permanently.  I completed the necessary schooling and obtained my State and Federal licensing and actually ended up working for the same mortgage company that  did my loan for me.

It is odd that the process I once found so maddening, I eventually found so interesting!  Its a jungle here for sure, if I can help anyone give me a shout.

Ron in Ohio

Go Bucks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gotideas
New Contributor

Re: Was so intrigued I joined the business!

Way cool.  Hopefully you remember how stressful it is and you are quick to reassure and keep the lines of communication open. 

Message 2 of 11
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Communication is definitely key.  That is the biggest gripe I hear - not being able to get in touch with their LO, emails & voice mails go unanswered for days, etc.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 11
Ron6262
Regular Contributor

Funny you mention that Shane!   Communication or lack of was the topic of our Friday meeting.  Owner of company says next complaint he gets hes pulling the loan from the LO and reassigning.

Message 4 of 11
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

The other is product knowledge and being able to properly vet a borrower against the program they are qualifying for.  Since we are all provided huge guidelines it just takes a bit of reading, but you'd be surprised on how many LO's don't even bother.  I know some LO's who are great salesmen but when it comes to processing their files are nightmares, then there are some LO's who know all of the guidelines but can't speak to borrower's properly so they get no business.  It's the balance of the two that makes a great loan officer (in the eyes of the employer).

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Message 5 of 11
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:

The other is product knowledge and being able to properly vet a borrower against the program they are qualifying for.  Since we are all provided huge guidelines it just takes a bit of reading, but you'd be surprised on how many LO's don't even bother.  I know some LO's who are great salesmen but when it comes to processing their files are nightmares, then there are some LO's who know all of the guidelines but can't speak to borrower's properly so they get no business.  It's the balance of the two that makes a great loan officer (in the eyes of the employer).

^^^I agree with this. You will get tons of Realtor business if you do this because then the deals go smoothly. I can say that I worked with Shane from the Realtor side and never had one minute of problems because he keeps everyone in the loop.

Message 6 of 11
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:

^^^I agree with this. You will get tons of Realtor business if you do this because then the deals go smoothly. I can say that I worked with Shane from the Realtor side and never had one minute of problems because he keeps everyone in the loop.

We worked together?  I think I know who you are now Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Geezzze....guess I'm easy to forget Smiley Sad

But that's ok, it means everything was so smooth I fell off your radar! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Haha, no, that wasn't it... I knew you were from the FICO forums I just didn't know your moniker.  I knew you (as in StartingOver10) were a real estate agent in Florida, but I didn't put 2 & 2 together to figure out it was actually you until you just said something right now.  You were an excellent agent, if I ever run into people in your neck of the woods I'll always recommend you.

Message 9 of 11
Ron6262
Regular Contributor

So, are you in Florida Shane?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.