cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We closed!!!! If we can do it...anyone can!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

We closed!!!! If we can do it...anyone can!

We finally closed today on a home with Wells Fargo.  We have been through every bad credit scenario there is--believe me! Name it, we've been there.  So, owning a home was something that other people achieved--not us. In January 2011, my husband started a great government job after two full years of unemployment and then returning to school to train for another field.  In January 2011 we were scraping the bottom of our financial barrel--unemployment comp had run out several months prior and we had 30 day lates on both vehicles.  In January 2011 I was eight 1/2 months pregnant with our second child and would have to take maternity leave.  None would have ever convinced me that this year, we would hold the keys to our own home.

This forum is invaluable!  When we got serious about improving our credit to try to qualify for a house, I poured over these boards and learned so, so much.  We took charge of our credit and started to save money in July 2011.  I didn't feel that we were quite ready to apply for a mortgage in November, but our scores had drastically improved, and we had a decent amount in savings.  We decided to go for it, reasoning the worst they could say is No and it would really be "not now" because we knew that this was something we wanted to do for our family.  We had three consecutive grimy landlords and I could not deal with renting any longer. 

We applied with Wells Fargo Nov. 14th.  One week later, we had already made an offer on a house and it was accepted.  I have a detailed play-by-play in another thread December closings, so I won't go into it now.  But we sailed through underwriting and my loan officer reassured us all along the way.  I was afraid to go with WF because of all the horror stories I'd read, but our experience with them was overall quite positive.  In the end, we were approved and today we got the keys to our new house.

I know there is or will be someone else with a similar story.  Someone who will stumble on this site and look to find people that "made it" despite having the odds against them.  They will be inspired and they will find the encouragment needed to make changes in their financial life and reap the rewards by acheiving homeownership.  That is what happened to me and I know that if we could get this far, then anyone can!  I hope our story helps someone else who doesn't feel creditworthy to know they can better their situation.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: We closed!!!! If we can do it...anyone can!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 27
patternofstars7
Contributor

Congrats!! I have to agree reading stories on here about the horror stories and overcoming them is encouraging. Looking to buy a home at the end of 2012 and there's SO much info on these forums it's incredible. Again, congrats and enjoy your new home Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 27
BGinVA
Contributor

Congrats, what  a great way to start the new year in your own home.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks pattern and BG!  This site has singularly helped me more than anything else--it is a great resource. 

Thanks Midnight Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 27
Holly1221
Regular Contributor

So happy for you!!!Smiley Very Happy

12/27/11: EQ 618 / TU 621 / EX 643 (lender pull for CLOSING!)
MYFICO: EQ 618 / TU 610 on 12-07-11
MyFico EQ: 603 on 12-01-11
Current: 594 EQ/ 616 EX/ 599 TU (lender pulls 11-28-11)
Previous: 555 EQ/ 552 EX/ 573 TU (lender pulls 10-28-11)
GOAL: NEW HOUSE ...GOT IT ON 01/27/12
2012 GOAL: 750
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Holly1221 wrote:

So happy for you!!!Smiley Very Happy

Thank you so much Holly! I'm waiting for your happy ending and I know it's coming Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 27
notmyj
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks pattern and BG!  This site has singularly helped me more than anything else--it is a great resource. 

Thanks Midnight Smiley Wink

Bold by me.

I couldnt agree more. Its 3AM local time, I just got done installing major appliances in our new home.We closed last friday the 23rd, I am now laying in bed for our first night in our new home. Now that we have applliances we deemed the house livable.Gallons of paint, cleaning supplies, and wood floor have made this house a hometo us. Without MyFICO.com I would probably still be 30yrs old living at my moms, hiding from my credit reports. I'm glad to see somany others getting the help they need to reach their goals.

Gotta be up in 5 hrs for my cable/internet install.....Gnight, and congrats!!!!!

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 8 of 27
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations Shan!!  I am so happy for you!Smiley Very Happy  Enjoy your new home.

You are so right about this forum, it helped me a ton in the last year.  We were trying to bounce back from an unexpected lay off as well that really crushed our good credit.  We saved, worked hard, got some lucky deals, and our scores really improved.  Never would be here at this point if it weren't for MYFICO.

Message 9 of 27
lesaheart
Valued Member

Congratulation Shanfran!

I agree that this site alone helped me achieve homeownership. I had excellent credit until two years ago. My goal was to own a home and thought it would not be possible for many years. This site gave me the encouragement to try.

Starting EQ score 6/13/2011: 645
Current EQ score: 675
Goal: 750
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.