Valued Contributor
tooleman694

Re: We closed WITH Charge offs! It can be done!

I would keep calling ACS, try to get up the chain a bit.. someone there has the power to fix this.

Regular Contributor
violetsmom

Really?  When I called this morning the last supervisor I spoke with said "I can see you called about this same thing on 12/5, and were told the reporting stands"  They told me to stop calling and asking.  I would keep on calling, but I am seriously getting in trouble for spending so much time trying to fix this when I should be working.  I get so upset that I feel like I am going to throw up and I get absolutely no where with them.

Valued Contributor
tooleman694

When they say stop calling, ask to speak with their boss =)

Established Member
Deepauk

Hi Mathew,

I am in the same boat and was turned down due to charge off in my credit.. I spent couple of hours everyday and collections call me.I ignore their call since I do not know what to do..

Feb 2009 - Foreclosure on 1st. and Second Loan - Charged off Unpaid. 

a) Do i Need to pay the collection ( second is 89,000 /- Showing as zero in my CR. with a status as CO )

b) I am trying to figure out the SOL period for all HELOC loans in Virginia.

Can you tell me how did you settle with these guys..

please let me know..

D

Melissa733

Frequent Contributor
phumanr

All,

I got so excited about my loan closing...didn't even update this link. I closed on 12/28/12. i have been enjoying my house for the past few months. Feels really great to be a homeowner again. Please read my story on page 1 or 2 for those people who are in a difficult credit rebuild situation. It can be done with patience and persistance.

Regards,

Phumanr

Regular Contributor
scmami

Congrats to you phumanr! I know you went through a lot. We will have been in our house 6 months on May 15th! And our credit is steadily improving. You guys who are reading this, you can do it!
Starting FICOs (2/2012): EQ 559 TU 558
Current FICOs (EX and TU Lender pulled 10/6/12): EQ 652 TU 635 EX 647
Matthew 7:1 KJV
Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Established Member
Section700

So 6/6 will be 2 years from my BK7 discharge. I have been working my ass off (2 full time jobs 100+ hrs/week, reading everything on here, and using all the tricks to fix up my credit). I will find out my scores beginning of June and I will have under 5% util at that time. I should be closing in on 700 at the high end and 670-680 at worst. 

Any advice before I apply for a mortgage? It will have to be FHA. Anything you guys can share about what to do or NOT to do would be greatly appreciated!

Chapter 7 Discharged 6/7/11
Sallie Mae 23k @ 4.5% (student loans) reaffirmed
First Premier 700CL opened 7/11
Wells Fargo 15k @ 10.5% opened 10/11 (auto loan)
Barclays Rewards MC 1500CL opened 12/12
As of 01/10/14 Barclaycard FICO: 651
Established Contributor
foofighter74

Get a broker and a realtor.  Try to find referrals from people who have had good experiences.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}