cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We closed yesterday, what's the locked rate of your 15 yr refi, 30 yr?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

We closed yesterday, what's the locked rate of your 15 yr refi, 30 yr?

We were locked at 3.75 over 3 months ago ( or 4.25 for 30 yrs) and our LO said; "it have been just a little up and down but your rate is the same"  I was so confused about that, I checked on the bankrate.com it's more than a quarter dropped compare to 3 months ago.  Loan amount 600K and credit scores above 800's, and no point.  Please share your thought if you can. Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can you share with us what is the rate of your 15 yrs refi?

@Anonymous wrote:

We are lock at 3.75 over 3 months ago and our LO said it have been just a little up and down but your rate is the same.  I was so confused about that I checked on the bankrate.com it's more than a quarter drop compare to 3 months ago. Please share your thought if you can. thanks

I did a 15 year refi in 2003 at 4.125%.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your input

Message 3 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I need to add that was with 2 points. Are you having to pay any points for that 3.75%?

Never mind. I just re-read you post.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! 2 points is a lot of money for closing cost. Anybody else refi with what's rate?

Message 5 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow! 2 points is a lot of money for closing cost. Anybody else refi with what's rate?

It probably would be if we weren't planning on living in a house very long but we've been here 13 years and it's the last house I'll ever buy so it was worth it to me.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 6 of 14
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

I am in the process of doing the VA Streamline Refinance.  I am getting a 15yr refinance at 4.0% APR with 0 points.  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Re: Can you share with us what is the rate of your 15 yrs refi or 30 yrs?

@Anonymous wrote:

We were lock at 3.75 over 3 months ago ( or 4.25 for 30 yrs) and our LO said; "it have been just a little up and down but your rate is the same"  I was so confused about that, I checked on the bankrate.com it's more than a quarter dropped compare to 3 months ago.  Loan amount 600K and credit scores above 800's, and no point.  Please share your thought if you can. Thanks

Did you close? If so, when? And if not, why not? Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was fully approved last Friday, LO said "it may need 5-8 bussiness days to send to closing agent".  I'm waiting to hear from them. There were many reasons it took so long because, appraiser did a VERY sloppy job and we have to requested for manual review ---> as a result it increased $15,000. And then UW asked us to proof some crazy things.

Message 9 of 14
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

After reading this I wanted to state that when comparing rates it is very important to compare apples to apples

The OPs loan amount is a Jumbo their credit spectatular but they didnt share what program or what their loan to value was/is

All of these things play into the rate - - There are adjustments for all of these and lets face it a 600k loan where the agent makes 1% off the rate is quite different than a loan size of 100k or 200k  so in theory they should get a better rate but because of the Jumbo price adjustment that may be negated

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.