Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We did it!!!!! :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

We did it!!!!! :)

Our credit repair journey began in February 2008 when I found these forums and really started working toward getting some ugly history off of our credit reports.   After lots of hard work in April 2009 we applied for a mortgage and were APPROVED!!  We broke ground on our own peice of property in June, just closed this month Smiley Very Happy  and are now living in our dream home.   Thank you to everyone here who took the time to answer my questions!!   I now walk around my house at night after everyone's gone to bed just saying to myself..I love this house...I love this house Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: We did it!!!!! :)

Well Congratulations to you love2golf.  And yes, it is a wonderful feeling to walk around in a home that is all yours and personally designed ny you, now that is an added bonus!  Well deserved I'm sure and right in time for a perfect holiday.  Enjoy!

Don't forget to post photos!

Message Edited by NewHope on 12-14-2009 04:08 PM
Message 2 of 8
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! Enjoy your new home! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Congrats!!
Retired Lender
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's so wonderful...CONGRATS! Most of the people on this site have wonderful advice. My credit repair journey is almost complete. I hope by this time 2011 (due to saving for DP) DH & I are walking through our dream home! Again, congratulations!  
Message Edited by Tai on 12-18-2009 07:00 AM
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
 ...I now walk around my house at night after everyone's gone to bed just saying to myself..I love this house...I love this house Smiley Happy

Smiley Wink I usually don't respond to these types of posts because -- well, there are just so many happy success stories, and too little time to do them justice! But you got me with the above quote. I live alone, but just the other day wandered around my home -- now 9 months in residence -- attempting to eye it as I would had I never seen it before. Ironically, mine -- like me! -- is NOT new construction, but 50 years old in 2010 (I'm 52, but was a first-time buyer)! Big yard, mature trees -- and like you, I say, "I love this house!" Congratulations, and good luck.

Message Edited by oldhack62 on 12-18-2009 05:59 PM
Message 6 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
 ...I now walk around my house at night after everyone's gone to bed just saying to myself..I love this house...I love this house Smiley Happy

Smiley Wink I usually don't respond to these types of posts because -- well, there are just so many happy success stories, and too little time to do them justice! But you got me with the above quote. I live alone, but just the other day wandered around my home -- now 9 months in residence -- attempting to eye it as I would had I never seen it before. Ironically, mine -- like me! -- is NOT new construction, but 50 years old in 2010 (I'm 52, but was a first-time buyer)! Big yard, mature trees -- and like you, I say, "I love this house!" Congratulations, and good luck.

Congrats to you both!!!!  I know that feeling all too well!  Single here, first time buyer, no spring chicken...purchased about a month shy of turning 48!  I remember after closing was finished, I drove to my place....walked in the door alone, sat down on those 90 yo oak floors & cried!!!  I had dreamed of having a great old place with all it's creaks & groans & all...for as long as I can remember!

No matter what your Dream Home may be, the day it becomes yours is a day you'll never forget!  Enjoy the fruits of your labors!  You've so earned it!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 8
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!!

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.