cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We disputed items already, but are antsy. Bad Idea to have lender do a Rapid Rescore now?

tag
hankejp
New Contributor

Re: We disputed items already, but are antsy. Bad Idea to have lender do a Rapid Rescore now?

Ok, so we did the disputes on all our collections items with all 3 bureaus. Do we just cross our fingers now and hope for the best? What do I do I bad things happen?
Message 11 of 17
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Re: We disputed items already, but are antsy. Bad Idea to have lender do a Rapid Rescore now?

@hankejp wrote:
Ok, so we did the disputes on all our collections items with all 3 bureaus. Do we just cross our fingers now and hope for the best? What do I do I bad things happen?

If the items were paid off (as you said previously), then they will likely not return and you should not have any further issues.  However, if you disputed collection accounts that were still owed on - fingers crossed and see what happens.  Good Luck!

Message 12 of 17
hankejp
New Contributor

Thanks you Heather. Yes, everything we disputed was already paid off. By having theses items removed, is it possible to roughly guess if the scores will increase quite a bit? Thanks for all your replies. It is appreciated.
Message 13 of 17
hankejp
New Contributor

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll another question. What should my credit cards be down to as far as being used? I thought there was a certain percentage credit cards should be over. Thanks
Message 14 of 17
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

It is hard to say what your credit score increase will be.  There are a lot of other factors.  With that being said, I would think the removal of several collection accounts would help you quite a bit - if they stay off.

Your cc utilization should be at 5-9%.  It would be best to have them all at zero with the exception of one reporting the 5-9% amount.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have applied for a mortgage but it came back with 3 accounts that were in dispute. We called the first one and they had no issues on removing the dispute on there end and also sent a fax stating that it was no longer in dispute.  After calling the second one which was actually showing twice on the credit they refused to send a letter but did state that it is not in dispute on their end but they are reporting it as disputed. They stated that we had to send a letter which we did. Now they are saying that we have to talk to this one department to get the letter but of course when you call during normal business hours you get a recorded message and then you leave a message and they never call you back. This has been going on for a week now. BTW... These disputes on these accounts were done back in Jan 2012 and are still being reported as in dispute a year later. 

This is the only thing that is going to be holding us back from getting a mortgage. This one stupid company because they want us to just pay it and then they will send a letter. After doing research on this company they have a lot of complaints against them. Does anyone know of anything else that we could do to get these off the credit report? 

Thank You in advance!

Message 16 of 17
TanterBeans
New Contributor

Watching...can I please ask you who you went through to get a VA loan with a 580? We are low scores too and are being forced to do a FHA. Trust me, I'm fortunate to have any loan right now but a VA loan would be so much better for us!!
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.