cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We got a preapproval!!! Is this really going to happen??

tag
ineedadvise
Regular Contributor

We got a preapproval!!! Is this really going to happen??

I am going to be a nervous wreck until this is over!!  Anyone out there that help me through this???  Here it is...I called LO on 7/22 after depositing the $10,000 gift money from Mom to try and see where we were at....did we need to pay something off, wait or did we have the green light??. (Of course after asking here)  We otherwise have little "savings" but are going VA.  My scores are 637, 619, 667 husband's 614, 619, 639.  I have no lates from almost 2 years, husband no lates as of this month for 1 year.  We make almost $100,000 a year and are underagreement to purchase a home for $244,000 that puts us at 22/41 DTI with car payments, student loans, CC's and child support.  I had to provide proof of a dismissal (or payments) for a judgement from 2003 which I did.  I am just soooo nervous that something will "go wrong".  We qualify with a 619 according to LO.  Home inspection is Monday, but the house already went through all of this two months ago and the sale fell through....I just don't want this to happen to us!!  When I met with LO to sign all of the paper to submit our application to UW he said the bank he works with still approves down to 580 so 619 is not an issue, plus it's VA.  Everyone is all smiles and I am a nervous wreck!!!  What does pre-approval really mean....and anyone have it fall through....or have great uplifting message???  How long does it take to hear??  I feel like I am writing all of these checks for deposits and inspections and how do I know it's for real??  Aghhhhh anyone out there??
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: We got a preapproval!!! Is this really going to happen??

I'm in the same situation.  From what I've gathered you just have to wait for the approval to come back from the UW.  After that I think it's pretty much a done deal then you get the keys at closing.  We're hoping to hear back from UW tomorrow.  Good Luck!

Message 2 of 9
ineedadvise
Regular Contributor

How long have you been waiting??

Message 3 of 9
GRILLMASTERNEEDAHOUSE
New Contributor

I'm waiting for the UW decision either today or Monday. We are doing VA loan as well. The process has been pretty smooth for us. Your credit score is good, I wouldn't worry about that. However,  I continued to work on my credit after I was lock in to an interest rate and my credit score is up 50 points since then, and my LO just did a rapid rescore and I'm waiting the results for that today as well, to get my interest rate even lower. I think the most frustrating part for me, was all the paperwork they ask for prior to sending your file to the UW that the LO never ask for. You would think if the UW is in house they would be on the same page as far as paperwork that is required so you not jumping through hoops right before your scheduled closing.  But you are fine! Congrats!

Grill Master now has a house! Closed 8/26. Yay!
Message 4 of 9
Hox
New Contributor

ineedadvise,

What bank/lender are you going through?

Hox

08/19/09 - LO Pull EX 707 TU 687 EQ 654
Message 5 of 9
ineedadvise
Regular Contributor

Aren't VA rates not contingent on scores???  I am still working on our scores....we'll probably be on the way up for a while (guess that's what happens when you end up down so far) How long have you been waiting?
Message 6 of 9
ineedadvise
Regular Contributor

We are going through Coldwell Banker's Mortgage Company I am in New England so it's NE Moves Mortgage LLC, but the bank I think he said is in Pennsylvania. 
Message 7 of 9
GRILLMASTERNEEDAHOUSE
New Contributor

@ineedadvise wrote:
Aren't VA rates not contingent on scores???  I am still working on our scores....we'll probably be on the way up for a while (guess that's what happens when you end up down so far) How long have you been waiting?

VA rates are contingent of scores. You will still get great interest rates with low scores that you wouldn't dare get or even qualify with conventional loans because the loans are back by the government with no risk to the bank. However, you will get better interest rates with better scores even with VA. I lock in with a 5.375% with a 603 middle score. My scores have went up 50 points since then and I still have a chance to knock off another 1/4 to 3/4% of that interest rate with rapid rescore. My friend just closed two months ago with a 4.8% VA with credit scores under 700.

Grill Master now has a house! Closed 8/26. Yay!
Message 8 of 9
ineedadvise
Regular Contributor

Great to know, thanks!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.