Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We just closed but I have a question

tag
luckyashes04
New Contributor

We just closed but I have a question

After being stressed for 5 months while our house was being built we FINALLY closed today!!! It is the best feeling ever.  Although I do have 1 quesiton for those who might know this.....

At closing, we had to sign the form where we give permission to have our tax transcripts pulled. I didnt think about it at the time, but now I am wondering...why are they having us sign this now..... We just closed, we have the keys...lol we signed the form for our lender back when we did our applicaiton, but just curious as to why the title company would want this form signed....

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Re: We just closed but I have a question

I think it's standard stuff. One of our conditions is to "Sign and date tax returns" which made me go huh? We already e-filed, why do we need to sign the filed taxes? The LO said that it's something we need to do at closing...seems odd but apparently not out of the ordinary.

Congrats on the new house!

Message 2 of 3
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: We just closed but I have a question

Maybe they lost the original paperwork or perhaps they want to verify based on 2012 tax year information
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.