Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We really need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

We really need advice

Hello all. First, my score is in the high 500s same with my DH. That said, we are in a mess. Husband is in the army and after returning from Iraq, we got orders to move from Colorado to Texas. We purchased a home in April 2006, so it's just over 2 years we had the house. We went through trying to rent it out, but in order to cover the differences in income (I don't make as much down here, as well we get lower BAH) we would have to rent it out for less than what we need. So we went down the selling it route. We spent $4000 recently to get it in selling condition (I let things slip a lot when DH deployed). our realtor has the house listed currently at $224,000 where we owe $208,000 which is just enough to cover his realtor fees (but not closing costs if we pay them). Though, now, we are renting a house out in Texas. So, at the moment we have about $1200 in extra expenses we don't normally have. We have two credit cards with $1000 limits, both are close to being maxxed out and another with a cl of $400 that's at a zero balance. WE have made as many cuts to our budgets as possible and something is going to have to give. That said, I have a trust fund. I won't be able to touch the corpus until I'm 30, though, and my trustee is very strict with what she disperses. She was willing to pay for the repairs but after the cost was twice as much as we were quoted, she sort of flipped her lid and wants us to pay her back starting in january, so that means we will lose $1000 every month in income (I get monthly dispersments because the trust is willing to help pay living costs while I am in school.... to a degree) We've looked into a short sell on our house so we can price it to sell, though, we're through countrywide and they won't option it. So what's next foreclosure? I hate missing mortgage payments, haven't missed one yet, but that's because our savings and credit cards and we've burned through those. What can I do?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: We really need advice

I don't mean to be rude but how far away from 30 are you? It might be possible to get a signature loan from a bank to cover your costs and pay off your credit cards if you can offer proof of the trust and it turns over to you in the next few years. Not sure if that is an option but it may be worth looking into. Your local credit union or a military credit union might be the best bet.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.