cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We will qualify

tag

Re: We will qualify

Well, my TU is 670 from Discover. So, knowing 2 of the 3 scores, one of the 2 will be the middle. I'm hoping the Discover TU is close to the real thing.
Message 11 of 24
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Also, remember that it's the lower mid score of you and your SO that the lenders will use. If you are clueless as to what her scores are, it's really hard to estimate.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 12 of 24

Yes.  I am aware of that.  Basically I am hoping she is better or equal to me.  Maybe we will pull her equifax tomorrow and see.  

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

So what kinda truck ya gonna buy after you close?

Message 14 of 24

A 1997 Crew Cab Long Bed F-350 4x4 with a 7.3 Powerstroke.  :-)   Hopefully in white, with a 5speed.

Message 15 of 24
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@ClatterinDiesel wrote:
Well, my TU is 670 from Discover. So, knowing 2 of the 3 scores, one of the 2 will be the middle. I'm hoping the Discover TU is close to the real thing.

Just to be clear, the TU FICO from Discover isn't used for mortgage underwriting from maybe anyone.  There isn't a good way yet to obtain either the TU '04 Classic nor the EX Risk Model v2 for mortgage underwriting.

        
Message 16 of 24

Yes. I was aware of that, but that is all I have to go on. Thank you for the heads up just in case. The TU report itself is clean, one 30day late in early 09 and 1 inquiry. The rest is fine if you take out the high CC utilization, which I will be paying down very soon.

I will be selling 1 truck and 1 you and receiving cash from both transactions. Will bills of sale on each with buyers info and signature satisfy UW since it won't be "seasoned money" in my account?
Message 17 of 24

I'm on my phone and can't edit. 1 truck and 1 toy it was meant to read.
Message 18 of 24
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

From what  I have noticed, some lenders have more strict requirements for your documenting the sale of personal items.

You may want to have the buyer pay with a cashiers check from a bank (where you accompany the buyer to get the cashiers check).

That way you can show the value of the truck, the actual bill of sale, the cashiers check paying for the truck, the deposit of the cashiers check into your bank account and that may satisfy the u/w. Your LO can call the u/w to see exactly what they need for you to show.

FHA itself is less restrictive, but the lender's requirements over ride the FHA general guidelines. FHA's criteria is below (you can look it up at hud.gov)

1. Property-Related Acceptable Sources of Funds, Continued

4155.1 5.B.6.b

Documenting

Sales of

Personal

Property

If a borrower plans to sell personal property items to obtain funds for closing,

he/she must provide

• a satisfactory estimate of the value of those items, and
  • evidence that the items were sold.

The estimated value of the items being sold may be in the form of

• published value estimates issued by organizations, such as

- automobile dealers, or

- philatelic or numismatic associations, or

• a separate written appraisal by a qualified appraiser with no financial

interest in the loan transaction.

Only the lesser of the estimated value or actual sales price will be considered

as assets to close.

4155.1 5.B.6.c

Net Sales

Proceeds From

Real Property

The net proceeds from an arms-length sale of a currently owned property may

be used for the cash investment on a new house. The borrower must provide

a fully executed HUD-1 Settlement Statement as satisfactory evidence of the

accrued cash sales proceeds.

If the property has not sold by the time of underwriting, the underwriter must

condition the loan approval on verification of the actual proceeds received by

the borrower. The lender must document the

• actual sale, and
  • sufficiency of the net proceeds required for settlement.

Note: If the property has not sold by the time of the subject settlement, the

existing mortgage must be included as a liability for qualifying purposes.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm thinking not alot left for us to tell ya right now.  I'd go on in and start the paperwork, and from there you'll know exactly what the next course of action is gonna be.

Alright so ya got your rides lined up, what did she say about getting a 4 wheeler? You gonna tell her after the fact?  Now'd be a good time to ease that by her cause she's all excited about the house and in a good mood.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.