cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, I guess I'm about to kiss my almost house goodbye...

tag
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

Re: Well, I guess I'm about to kiss my almost house goodbye...

I would keep fighting the good fight. Also, file a complaint with the AG office. Even if the debt is legitimite, clearly they are playing games based on the mortgage app. Have you tried for a PFD?

This happened to us back in Feb after our initial lender pull (which was done by a friend just to see where we stood) It was a blessing actually scores were low because all the gremlins came and and SO FAR nada after this mortgage app.

Don't give up, maybe they won't repull and maybe if you hustle you can get them OFF!!

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 11 of 73
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@LondonMassey wrote:

They were already on my reports... and had sat for years... now they've been renewed but the date of first delinquency was changed to May 2012.  Statue of Limitations in my state is 7 years.  One was due to fall off mid next year and the other was only 4 1/2 years old.  I haven't had a single negative on my credit since 2007 and now these get reissued.  How can they keep renewing them?  It's like double jeopardy, especially since I don't owe one at all and the other should have been billed to my insurance.  By the time I realized I had a collection (moved 4 times and never had a notice) it was already 2010 when I found out I could pull my reports for free.

Pretty sure they can't do that legitimately.  You could disptue the DOFD.  But I would hold out for other people's advice about initiating a dispute while in the middle of the loan approval process.  I don't know what effect correcting the DOFD would have on your score. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 73
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

@LondonMassey wrote:

They were already on my reports... and had sat for years... now they've been renewed but the date of first delinquency was changed to May 2012.  Statue of Limitations in my state is 7 years.  One was due to fall off mid next year and the other was only 4 1/2 years old.  I haven't had a single negative on my credit since 2007 and now these get reissued.  How can they keep renewing them?  It's like double jeopardy, especially since I don't owe one at all and the other should have been billed to my insurance.  By the time I realized I had a collection (moved 4 times and never had a notice) it was already 2010 when I found out I could pull my reports for free.

Pretty sure they can't do that legitimately.  You could disptue the DOFD.  But I would hold out for other people's advice about initiating a dispute while in the middle of the loan approval process.  I don't know what effect correcting the DOFD would have on your score. 

are you sure the DOFD changed and not just the DOLA?

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 13 of 73
Mona_75
New Contributor

I'm not sure if it has been suggested already but try to do a PFD if you can! I have not had any new collections to pop up but I did manage to get rid of some existing ones by PFD. They updated to the CRAs quickly too. Dont give up!

Message 14 of 73
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@LondonMassey wrote:

A Rapid Rescore should fix this problem...   They can't just change the DOFD because of a whim, that's illegal. If this costs you a house, I would find a lawyer and SUE.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 73
LondonMassey
Frequent Contributor

In my anger fueled BBB complaint (still was professional but stern) I must have included my cell number and not my home number because the corporate office called me this afternoon. Unfortunately I was at an appointment for my son and wasn't able to answer but I called the number back since they didn't leave a message.

I am willing to PFD the first one for an amount that I owe, which is at most $100 not the $208 they want and sure not the $389 I was initially hit with in 2007.

The other one is a medical collection that is over $1000 and I can not pay in full for a PFD.

Anyone know if CA will PFD for only part?

Also, I contacted my broker today. Now she is pulling my credit again to see the damage which means another hard hit.

The DFD IS listed as 2012. It wasn't an update, was put in as if I defaulted this month on a current bill.

I'm so frustrated. I wish the broker would just say LOE and all is fine Smiley Sad
Cap1(sc) 550, Cap1 750, Walmart 750, Home Depot 3000, Amazon 700, US Bank 1500, Childrens Place 1100, JC Penney 700, Old Navy 700, PayPal 700, Torrid 700, Lane Bryant 150, Avenue 500, OSP 500, Amex Blue 2000, Disc it 1000, Walmart Disc 2200, Old Navy Visa 1700, Mortgage 09-2012, Car Loan 03-2013

Current Score: EQ 665 EX 687 TU 695

Message 16 of 73
Booner72
Senior Contributor

RobertEG will come along and tell you that changing the DOFD is a serious infraction and the law codes you can use when you fight the CA for doing this.

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 17 of 73
gsxraddict
Valued Member

don't waste time, send them an ITS with 48 hours to respond, if they don't then be waiting at the courthouse bright and early to file suit.

Message 18 of 73
LondonMassey
Frequent Contributor

Ugh!  So I received the "dunning" notice today for the first one for $208 (of course it was sent AFTER I CALLED the initial time and stated I never received any notice). I called them on my cell phone and without stating any information they already knew who I was, which means they had logged my cell number (I assumed they would and would have called from a different number if I hadn't been so ticked off) so the call I received today was just a collection call.  I asked if they would do a PFD if I paid it right on the spot to get rid of it and she said they don't do those.  So I told her then the damage has already been done and my credit score as tanked because of the CA illegal acts, so what would be the purpose of me paying any money if it does nothing to assist me in rectifying the damage they have done.

She said that it would help me by paying a "new" collection... I reminded her that the DOFD was in 2007 not 2012 and she said it shows in our system as being from 2007 and I asked why her system says 2007 and my credit report says 2012.  I asked again for a PFD and she said they don't do them, so I told her I would continue with my complaint to the BBB, Contact the FTC, AG, and an attorney and that I have proof of the original DOFD from the original creditor and credit reports every 4 months for the past 2 years, and a most recent pull of all 3 (lender pull) within the last 90 days.  Told her to note on my account that I'm getting my ducks in a row and that I don't want any more calls to the number they put on record (cell phone) as it isn't one I can use to handle such ridiculous matters.  That my home number is listed with EX, EQ, and TU and they can call there as much as they like. (I'm never home to answer it.)

I guess I'll see what the total damage is so far when the broker gets back to me with the new pulls (and hard hit Smiley Sad )... The other account is over $1400 and I really just don't know what to do with it.  I can't pay it, I tried to settle it a few years back and they wouldn't.  It's from a private Catholic Hospital out here and they didn't want to budge at all.

Thank you all for your responses... BTW, I did opt out before I even started this mess, so obviously it didn't help with this crap... or maybe I just have horrible luck.

Cap1(sc) 550, Cap1 750, Walmart 750, Home Depot 3000, Amazon 700, US Bank 1500, Childrens Place 1100, JC Penney 700, Old Navy 700, PayPal 700, Torrid 700, Lane Bryant 150, Avenue 500, OSP 500, Amex Blue 2000, Disc it 1000, Walmart Disc 2200, Old Navy Visa 1700, Mortgage 09-2012, Car Loan 03-2013

Current Score: EQ 665 EX 687 TU 695

Message 19 of 73
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

London, I know it is stressful, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. They are not being truthful with the DOLA and the bank will verify that. My lender did a credit supplement on some duplicate student loan accounts for my husband. They weren't late or in collections, but they did affect our DTI. Don't stress until you have too.

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Message 20 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.