Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, we closed last Thursday

tag
Dgimple
New Contributor

Well, we closed last Thursday

Just want to thank everyone for all the advice and help I got on this forum.  It is amazing for me to think that following everyone's direction I raised my mid score from 596 on 3/7/08 to 749 on 6/19/08 and had no problems going through the mortgage process...

So now that we have closed, I'm guessing it's all clear to go on an app spree and get some cards with better rates, etc......correct?

Thanks again all!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Well, we closed last Thursday

congrats
Retired Lender
Message 2 of 7
brownee
Frequent Contributor

Wow, that's a great score jump. Congratulations on the house!!
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 3 of 7
Koffee
Valued Member

Congratulations:

I'm wondering too, can I go on an app spree immediately after closing??  I really want to apply at Lowe's  and JCPenneys immediately after getting the key in my sticky little fingers!!!

7/12/08: TU-602, Eq-597, Exp-581

07/24/08: TU-610, Eq-597, Exp-583

09/01/08: TU-610, Eq-614, Exp-600
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Congrats! What a great accomplishment, the home and the score boost of 150+ points.

If you are to app...don't spree...be very selective...find 2-3 great rewards cards that you will qualify for and milk them for all they are worth. So many people get excited at the prospect of finally being a position to get approved for cards they weren't able to obtain before (myself included, it's hard to hold back, but I keep reminding myself that I don't need those other stinky cards just because I can). The end result is often a bunch of stinkin cards they won't use, or some store cards with low limits because the banks that back them up are stingy to begin with. Don't let all your hard work go to waste and plummit your scores with inquiries and multiple new accounts reporting at once...go for the nice prime cards you are eligible and relish is your newfound good credit!! 

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 08-19-2008 02:12 PM
Message 5 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Dgimple and follow UpUpUp's advice.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.