Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo, Chase goodwill adjustment letter help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo, Chase goodwill adjustment letter help

I'm a new member, so forgive me if this has been covered. I couldn't find what I needed...

I went through a short sale starting in December of 2011 and was advised by the agent handling the process not to pay as the house would probably close in 3 to 4 months, then we would dispute, so it wouldn't reflect on my  credit score.

Needless to say, he backed out of the deal, I had to find another agent and the house didn't sell until 9 months later. During that time my Wife at the time, we divorced, and I moved out 1 month in to the short sale. Neither of us could afford to keep the house.

I've always had really good credit and never planned this happening. I've heard of disputing and/or a goodwill letter. I'm for sure not disputing missing the payments, but wonder what is the best way to go and how to do it. Dare I go into branches and try and get someone that can show some compassion and adjust the 120 past due, etc, or is there a general address for Wells Fargo and Chase that I start sending letters to, and hope someone will adjust it?

Also, if anyone has a link for an example of a goodwill letter, that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo, Chase goodwill adjustment letter help

Sorry for the post. I found what I needed. Mod can delete. Thanks.

Message 2 of 3
aharmon_499
Established Member

Re: Wells Fargo, Chase goodwill adjustment letter help

I just disputed a very similar situation with Wells Fargo as during the course of a short sale our account became over 120 days past due and is showing up as a "Foreclosure process started" on our credit reports and in the Fannie Mae AUS.  I disputed this with them based on the fact we never received any formal foreclosure notice from them and it was never filed with our county, however, they were unwilling to make a goodwill adjustment.  If anyone has had any success with this I'd love to know how you accomplished this but unfortunately it looks like we will now have an indication of Foreclosure on our report for 7 years despite beginning a short sale process with them only 30 days past due and having a stable buyer waiting the entire time (6 months to close).  Had someone explained to me at the time that it was going to have the same impact as a Foreclosure I would have certainly avoided the hassle of dealing with them on a short sale (lost paperwork, etc) for over 6 months.  Dissapointing that this seems to happen to so many people who went through this process.  Hopefully this will change in the future and this will be viewed appropriately by the AUS as a Short Sale rather than a foreclosure! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.