Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo FHA Story...

tag
lpayton
Regular Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo FHA Story...

Midnight, I was too, and then I heard that the smaller mortgage companies end up selling your loan to a big bank anyway after you close.  Figured I would just go directly to them.  I am glad I did, because from what I am reading from other people's experiences with smaller banks, Wells Fargo (VA) underwriting process seems really lenient. 

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lpayton wrote:

Midnight, I was too, and then I heard that the smaller mortgage companies end up selling your loan to a big bank anyway after you close.  Figured I would just go directly to them.  I am glad I did, because from what I am reading from other people's experiences with smaller banks, Wells Fargo (VA) underwriting process seems really lenient. 

I ended up going through my local CU, and on their documentation it states they do not intend to sell the loan, so I guess I got lucky Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 17
lpayton
Regular Contributor

Well, I don't think usually BANKS sell the loan, I meant your average everyday mortgage lending companies (Pacific Acres, Academy, etc).

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

my builder was HH Hunt Homes -- they build in NC/SC/VA (I think that's it as far as I know)

Message 14 of 17
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Thanks so much for sharing. I had been strongly considering Wells Fargo, your story helped make the decision.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing your experience. Congrats on your new home!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.