triguy21

Wells Fargo Short Sale Equity Charge Off

Hello everyone, I'm new to myfico but have gotten a ton of good info today from the forums.

I short sold my home in 2010 which had a mortgage and equity tied to it.  The short sale resulted in a deficiency on my equity of approx $118K which I was told would be forgiven at close in 2010 but later learned it would not.  Since I've paid approx $25K to the balance leaving $93K balance.  This balance along with the charge-off status has destroyed my score.

I learned yesterday that Wells Fargo is going to forgive the remaining balance effective 2/13.  Mentioning my account was reviewed and approved for foregiveness.

Other than an open AmEx and Cap One card, my report is clean.

How will the foregiveness affect my score and is there anything I should do to accelerate repairing my score?

Thanks

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}