cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Streamline Refinance (Fannie Mae loan)

tag
betterdays2011
Contributor

Wells Fargo Streamline Refinance (Fannie Mae loan)

Wells Fargo, our current lender, called offering to take our 4.75 30 year rate down to 3.75 (APR is higher) for no cost. .  I went through the initial questions (U.S. citizens?  tax liens?  salary/employment?  etc.) but not sure what to expect next. Has anyone been through this process recently?  What was it like.

The last I heard my employer wouldn't confirm my salary/start date without a letter authorizing them to disclose the informaiton (I work at home) so Wells Fargo was supposed to email me that document plus some other information which I haven't received.   I tried to call but got voice mail. 

I am really reticent about this process because I haven't seen anything in writing.  Yesterday the processor said they were printing the documents and we should receive them in a couple of days. 

Any insights you have will much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wells Fargo Streamline Refinance (Fannie Mae loan)

@betterdays2011 wrote:

Wells Fargo, our current lender, called offering to take our 4.75 30 year rate down to 3.75 (APR is higher) for no cost. .  I went through the initial questions (U.S. citizens?  tax liens?  salary/employment?  etc.) but not sure what to expect next. Has anyone been through this process recently?  What was it like.

The last I heard my employer wouldn't confirm my salary/start date without a letter authorizing them to disclose the informaiton (I work at home) so Wells Fargo was supposed to email me that document plus some other information which I haven't received.   I tried to call but got voice mail. 

I am really reticent about this process because I haven't seen anything in writing.  Yesterday the processor said they were printing the documents and we should receive them in a couple of days. 

Any insights you have will much appreciated. 

I just did this same thing through Chase. It was the most painless refi I've ever done. It took 23 days from the start of the process until we closed. Of course I can't say how WF does these things.

Just ask them lots of questions and make sure that the "no closing costs" means exactly that.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.