Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo has struck again...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo has struck again...

My car loan is thru Wells Fargo, and all my payments have been paid on time, no late payments in 3 yrs.  In Dec, I went to go make my car payment, and I was told by the customer service rep. that I owed only a small amount for that month, cuz they had made an error and had charged me too much in some fees in previous month.  I made the payment then for the amount she told me vs my normal car payment. 

Now I have been told I am late on my Dec. payment, and that they are reporting it to the credit bureaus.  I was told they only thing I can do is dispute it. It does not make sense at all because if you look at the history of my payments, you would see this amount is so much lower than my normal payment, why would I make that small of a payment unless someone told me to?

I am closing on my house in 30 days and want to know how much one late payment is going to hurt my fico score.  Does anyone know?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo has struck again...

A recent late payment will hurt a LOT.  Get this straightened out ASAP.  Ask your mortgage lender about Rapid Rescore.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.