cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo pre-approved, currently in underwriting

tag
alhill4

Wells Fargo pre-approved, currently in underwriting

My fiance and I found a home we LOVE, its perfect for us in every way! On January 11 we put an offer on the house after being pre-approved with Wells Fargo (and paying $11 for credit check) and after negotiating the seller accepted our offer. We put our earnest money down and got everything ready for the processor to send to underwriting. A few short days later, the appraisal was done and it appraised at more than asking price. So now we are in underwriting and they came back with conditions of submitting more bank statements, a gift letter and we need to have a septic and foundation inspection done. We've been told over and over that its fine and they don't see any major issues but I'm still stressing..the more they ask for, the more nervous I get!  The attorney has already finished title work and homeowners insurance has been taken care of.

My question is..is there any possible reason you could think of as to why we could be denied based on his info? It will be just in my fiance's name since he has better credit scores...heres the info..

Credit scores are 813, 795, 796

4 credit cards with 0 balances, they've never been used for more than $100ish, all have been opened for well over a year

1 auto loan with both our names on it @ 4.99% and 18k left, June will be 2 years since this line has been open

Gross monthly income is 3,693, he has been at his employer for 14 years

It will be an FHA loan, we will be paying 3.5% down, loan will be for $83,500 and seller is paying closing costs, estimated payment is $594/month being locked in at 4.25%

8 months worth in emergency fund including mortgage payment amount, 15k in 401k right now

He's never paid rent since we both live with our parents until we get married in May, submitted a letter of explanation stating this

Down payment money has been sitting in the bank account for several months

They keep telling us to plan on closing February 28 but the closer it gets, the more concerned I am.  I've seen so many stories of people being pre-approved then being denied.  Please help ease my mind a little...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo pre-approved, currently in underwriting

did you ask the loan officer why conventional wasn't offered?

it is a MUCH BETTER deal.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 8
alhill4

I haven't..they came right out of the gates offering FHA and we went with it. Is it too late in the process to change the type of loan?

Message 3 of 8
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

You can still change... however from the "foundation inspection" that is needed it sounds like this is a manfactured home, is that correct?  I am not sure if Wells Fargo offers conventional financing for manufactured homes.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 8
alhill4

Yes, it is a manufactured home..I'm assuming thats why they went straight to FHA then. I spoke with the processor today and she sent our file back to underwriting. I'm terrified we'll get declined even after the pre-approval. Our due diligence period is up Feb 21 so I'm very nervous...
Message 5 of 8
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Sounds like they should get it done by then, you have another week.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 6 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

It is ok to be nervious. If both septic and foundation inspections don't identify any significan problem, then all should go well into the closing. The process can seem daunting for first time homebuyers ... and even repeat buyers sometimes ... but it is what it is. Anticipation is often worse than the reality in home purchase transactions.

Message 7 of 8
Mrs_hambright
Frequent Contributor

Did you close?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.