Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went to the builder :) Realtor seemed bored :(

tag
Beasley12
Regular Contributor

Went to the builder :) Realtor seemed bored :(

I have waited for this day for a LONG time.  I went to the builder, completed paperwork, picked out a lot, etc. I was soooo excited until a few things happened:

1. My realtor seemed uninterested in everything unless it involved writing down his name.  He didnt ask for anything or negotiate ANYTHING! I tried....but the reason why I got a realtor is to negotiate because I know negotiating is not a skilll I possess.  Ok....on to the next.

2. My application was submitted to the loan company....Yes prequalified....no...did not qualify for the downpayment assistance.  The last one left me with anxiety that caused me to sweat profusely. I proceeded with everything thinking that the 3.5% that FHA requires wouldnt be that much. 

Throughout the whole ordeal my realtor was in the corner quiet, on the phone, or seemed to be staring into la la land. Awesome! Oh, but let me not forget....he helped pick out my killer tile! Smiley Indifferent

I signed all of my paperwork and left thinking....the realtor was HIGHLY reccommended and how can a woman with over 3 kids NOT qualify for down payment assistance.  I got home and googled and googled and googled.  I knew I qualified.  I used the mortgage qualifier tool and as I mentioned, I have a lot of kids. So I emailed the loan officer because I also saw that she neglected to include my kids' information on the loan application.  Guess what? I AM QUALIFIED....somehow someway she forgot to add them in.  As happy as I am about that (God is good!) I cant help but wonder why these people would think that a single woman with no dependents would want a six bedroom house....Smiley Happy  really?

So....I also emailed my realtor because I do not understand all of the loan documents.  He suggested that we meet tomorrow.  If he doesnt want to work...fine...I dug my own hole hiring him but i plan to MAKE HIM WORK.

Last year around this time my Equifax fico was 561.  Today, Equifax was my middle score....at 673. I qualified for 3.75% rate. And so the path to homeownership begins......

EQ FICO 564 (3/12) Lender pull 673 (4/12) FICO 703 (6/13)
TU FICO 605 (6/12) to FICO 687 (3/13) Lender pull 680 (4/13)
EXP FICO lender pull (4/13) 651
Homeowner since September 2013!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Re: Went to the builder :) Realtor seemed bored :(

Are you going with the builder's preferred lender? Did they offer any incentives to do so?

Message 2 of 13
Beasley12
Regular Contributor

Yes it is their preferred lender. They offered $500 in closing costs, paid year of homeowners insurance, and mortgage title policy paid.

Message 3 of 13
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Hmm, doesn't seem very aggressive, where are you located? Our builder offered 3% of the base purchase price toward closing, which ended up being a $7500 credit.

Message 4 of 13
Beasley12
Regular Contributor

I'm in Houston.

Message 5 of 13
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

How is your loan process going? any updates

Message 6 of 13
Beasley12
Regular Contributor

Yes there is......My loan went through underwriting and was approved with two minor conditions. The conditions have since been cleared. There was a delay in getting started because for some strange reason the LO did not tell the builder that I was approved until 9 days after they told me. I found out about their error after asking what was the hold up.

Anyways, I have been impatiently waiting and I just learned yesterday that the build will start next week. They are building a house right next to mine so I suspect they delayed my build until the house got to a certain point. That house is scheduled to be finished on June 30th. I figure mine will be mid August because once they get started, they are quick.
Message 7 of 13
Beasley12
Regular Contributor

My loan still has to go through underwriting for the down payment assistance program but I am not worried about that. The loan processor said that begins 45 days from closing.
Message 8 of 13
fdiggy
New Contributor

Its news to me how people with no down payment of their own can even get new construction.

Why not a foreclosure if needing to ask someone else to pay the down because you have kids.

Starting Score: 701
Current Score: EX-FICO701 EQ-FICO644 TU-FICO724 all lender pulls April 2nd 2013
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 13
NyssaHoney
Valued Member

Good luck to you.  I hope everything works out.  If DH and I qualified for downpayment assistance, we would be able to buy down our rate.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.