Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Are My Chance To Get Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Are My Chance To Get Approved

Hey guys just wanted to know what you guys think about my chances to get approved for a mortage loan

my credit scores are ex 650 equi 631 trans 629

my income for the past 2 years has been about 17000

started a second job about 3 months ago working both jobs i should make about 25 this year,

have about 10000 in student loans but they are deffered,

i have 2 credit cards limit 500 each, one has 140 on it the other 170

only negavite thing on my report was a car loan i was late on the last 8 payments, the car did not go into repo, it was paid of in january 2010

so what do you think guys, do i have a shot at getting approved???

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What Are My Chance To Get Approved

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys just wanted to know what you guys think about my chances to get approved for a mortage loan

started a second job about 3 months ago working both jobs i should make about 25 this year,

only negavite thing on my report was a car loan i was late on the last 8 payments, the car did not go into repo, it was paid of in january 2010

You do, but with your income, you're going to be limited as far as what you can buy.  They won't include the income from the second job, as you haven't held the second job long enough for it to count. 

I would focus on getting my scores to the 640 range, also, you want to look around and see if you can qualify for a down payment assistance program, or some sort of housing grant program to help you out cost wise...  first though, concentrate on getting your scores up.  I think you could be there score wise by paying off your credit cards...

How much cash do you have in reserves?>

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

When I see your post, programs like habitat for humanity come to mind, where you invest sweat equity into helping build your house, and you get an interest free mortgage. You basically put in volunteer hours and establish a savings account to demonstrate the ability to save... Using this program, you get a nice house to live in, that is energy efficient, at a reasonable cost, with a reasonable down payment... I fully support this program.

FICO 9:

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have 8200 in cash reserves

Message 4 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice!  You should be able to do a USDA loan or an FHA, have you talked to a lender yet?

FICO 9:

Message 5 of 11
Elcid89
Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice!  You should be able to do a USDA loan or an FHA, have you talked to a lender yet?

His concern is still income though. At $17,000, he isn't going to be able to qualify for much of anything.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 6 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Elcid89 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

His concern is still income though. At $17,000, he isn't going to be able to qualify for much of anything.

That's why I think he should look at H4H...  They will work with him I'm sure...  They've built tons of homes in my city

FICO 9:

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

no yet, wanted to see if i stood a chance

Message 8 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I think you should talk to a lender and also check habitat for humanity; and your local housing agency to see if they can help you with a low income mortgage. Your scores and savings are there. Your income is the issue.
FICO 9:

Message 9 of 11
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

yep, and if you pay off one of those cards I bet you pick up 15 points!

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.