cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Credit Score Does the Mortgage Lender Use?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Credit Score Does the Mortgage Lender Use?

Currently refinancing but have not locked in a rate.  Lender sent me credit scores for myself and wife (co-borrower).  Mine were 710, 749 and 760.  My wife had 802,816 and 825.  Which one or ones do they use in determining what rate to offer?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What Credit Score Does the Mortgage Lender Use?

@Anonymous wrote:

Currently refinancing but have not locked in a rate.  Lender sent me credit scores for myself and wife (co-borrower).  Mine were 710, 749 and 760.  My wife had 802,816 and 825.  Which one or ones do they use in determining what rate to offer?

Hello and welcome.

They usually take the middle score of whoever applies for the loan. So If it's just you on the application they will use 749; if just your wife the score looked at will be 816. If you are co-applicants they look at the middle score of the person with the lowest scores. In your case that would again be your 749.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.