Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Gives...STILL waiting on Clear to Close

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Gives...STILL waiting on Clear to Close

Good morning :-)

I'm set to close on Monday at 1pm, but I'm still waiting on the clear to close. Spoke with LO yesterday and he said that I'm in UW, just waiting for the "ok". I'm trying to be patient, but what if I don't hear back today? Will I still have enough time to close on Monday? Has anyone ever gotten the clear to close over the weekend?

Trying not to worry...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Gives...STILL waiting on Clear to Close

it is fairly common for you to not get it until the day before or sometimes even the morning of.  It is crazy and hectic of course, and at times the closing ends up getting puched back a dya or two, but it is all a matter of all the parties getting all the I's dotted and the ts crossed so everything can be done correctly.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input :-) It looks like the UW is picking the appraisal apart. They sent it back for a few small things that the appraiser needs to correct. I'm hoping that he gets it back like, now!!

If I close on the first or second, wouldn't I need to come up with more money at closing? This is what I'm trying to avoid...depending on how much that could be.

*going to look at paint and try not to stress* Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Tammi, did you get good news today?
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 5
myfairlady
Valued Member

I got my clear to close on Friday and closed the loan today at 4:30.  It's mine, all mine.  Started the process 5/8 took a total of almost 4 months.  The mortgage company they were going to put me with was shut down by they government just before we went to closing.....started the process over and it took 6 weeks from that point.  I'm sitting happy as can beSmiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.