Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What SHOULD i DO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What SHOULD i DO?

Ive been considering purchasing a home in  a few months. My finance and I wont to know how we should go about getting financed....He has higher income then I , but more debt because he has to pay alimony..My question is would it better better for us both to try to get approved together or only one of us..our individual income and debts are below..

I only make 1760 a month wirh only 316 car payment and no other debt--score range from 630-720 working on getting them all up to 700 or more for fico

Finance makes $3500 income with $1500 retirement income a month...He pays 1622 in alimony and has a 312 car payment.....Im not sure of his fico scores at the moment.

Whats the most we can get financed to get a home...We would only be putting down 5%

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Regular Contributor

Re: What SHOULD i DO?

Are those income amounts you are giving gross or net? I would in the mean time check out bankrate.com and use one of their calculators until one of the experts can respond.
Message 2 of 4
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Briefly looking at those figures it  seems best if you both apply together, here try this Home Affordibility calculator that I have used and found most helpful out of all as it is so comprehensive:Link
Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

apply together. the loan oficer can take one of you off the deal if that works better.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.