cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my chances? Should I wait or go for it?

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

What are my chances? Should I wait or go for it?

I want to know if I should try to get pre-approved for a USDA RD loan now or wait another month or so. I found a new development in a qualifying area. 

My current scores are in my signature (about 15% util) I could get it lower than 9% mid January.

85k SL payments deferred- in school now

2 paid Charge Offs (fall of 2015)

6 paid Collections (most recent 4/2012, oldest 3/2009)

3 accounts with late payments (most recent 2011 90 days)

7 CC (4 opened 10/2013) all $0 balances except NFCU $1500/10k CL

5-6 inq on each report...2-3 within the last 30 days

I am going to call EX to have dispute comments removed; already took care of EQ and TU last week. I will send one last round of GW removal letters to the C/O, collections, and accounts with past late payments. I don't know what else I can do to improve my score while I am waiting. Or if it will even make a difference.....

I just want to know if I should apply before the end of this year or not.....I will wait if it will help my chances. I would like to secure a lot and move in summer 2014!!

thanks in advance everyone.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: What are my chances? Should I wait or go for it?

You mention you are in school. Do you work? What is your income? Household income?  What is the price point of the home you found and the tax and insurance?

Do you have savings for down payment and reserves or is this USDA loan 100% LTV?

Message 2 of 3
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: What are my chances? Should I wait or go for it?

Thanks for responding.

I work full-time same place for over 5 years, Income is 85k, 250k max for home, taxes were about $1200. No down payment required. I don't have ANY savings or reserves...I could probably build a bit over the next few months if needed. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.