cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my chances of getting approved for a mortgage?

tag
thomarv

What are my chances of getting approved for a mortgage?

So my fiance and I are now trying to get approved for a home, my FICO score is 625 which i know is low and not optimal for getting a mortgage.  On the other hand I make extreemly good money, upwards of 1million a year with my business which i probably draw a $400k a year salary from.  I have been in business since 2008 and have been doing about that each year.  Stupidly i was only worried about my credit bureau scores which are averaging at 660, that was up from a 524 when i started worrying about my credit and trying to fix it.  Now i find out about FICO scores and how those are what most lenders look at.... Im sure my FICO was in the 300's when i started lol.  Anyway, I put 22k down on my car when i bought it and financed the remaining $15k to help start building my credit, then i got a secured credit card and have been keeping that at 1% Utilization.  I have had the car loan since 11/11 and the credit card for about a year and a half, never been late on both and always pay extra on the car payments.  I have a lot of old negative accounts like collections which i paid most of them off and have some recent ones that really shouldn't be there... I have two judgements from lawsuits that i just didn't show up for that are still on there.  I paid one but haven't paid the other.  The one i paid should be off but never was taken off.  (Dispute started)  so with the high income, ability to make a 10,20,30% down payment and plenty of money in the bank for emergencies, what are my chances of getting approved for a mortgage? 

The other thing is, i pay all of my mom's bills, her rent, food, utilities, gas, insurance, living expenses and discretionary spending... about $3k a month all together, I have been paying rent on a house now for about 4 years at 1500 a month with no late payments and my office is $1500 a month that we have had since 2009 and never missed a payment on that.  Let me know what you think!  Thanks

Goal: Get a home for my family!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: What are my chances of getting approved for a mortgage?

you look good up to conforming loan limits..... jumbo would be hard.

find out what conforming loan limits are in your market.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 6
thomarv

What is a conforming loan?
Goal: Get a home for my family!
Message 3 of 6
J_G
Regular Contributor

You might have to pay that other judgment.
7/1/13 - EQ = 593 TU = 578 EXP = 573 FICO
8/11/13 - EQ = 600 TU = 590 EXP = 603 FICO
10/1/13 - EQ = 611 TU = 689 EXP = 605 FICO
12/4/13 - EQ = 625 TU = 648 EXP = 604
Lender Pull 2/18/14 - EQ = 630 TU = 678 EXP = 594
Lender Pull 2/28/14 (EQ 640) (TU 660) (EX 655) Rapid re-score =)
9/30/14 - EQ = 660 TU = 710 EXP = 669
Message 4 of 6
GRate
Valued Member

Basically, it will be very hard to get a loan over $417k. Anything above that loan amount is consider high balance or jumbo. With a credit score of 625, you can get a conventional mortgage loan under $417k and will have to put a minimum of 5% down payment.

Message 5 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

fannie mae(or freddie mac) backed and under $417K

some areas have expanded conforming limits beyond 417..... i dont know much about that as i have none of that in my area.

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.