Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my chances

tag
nickdymez
Valued Member

What are my chances

Just put a bid in on a house out  here in ca. They are asking for 174k, I offerd 190k and asked they replace the carpet in the house. Now my scores are just over the 620 (638 middle) and i have a bk in 04. I have no deliquencies in the past year and and owe nothing to creditors. I have a $500 car note and a $176 personal loan. I make over 75k a year and the mortgage will not be more than i am paying for rent. I have to do manual underwrite obviously. Any ideas on what will happen? Anyone know of anybody else in a similar situation?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: What are my chances

Why offer another 15 k for carpet????  Just wondering....Smiley Indifferent
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are my chances

well, to be honest, you probably should not be putting offers out until you have already been pre-approved.  Most people are wanting pre-approval letters with the offer anyways, and they will most definitely give preference to pre-approved or cash offers.

Second, the house will need to appraise high enough to justify the added 15K in repairs you are requesting.  So, you have to make sure that whatever you are asking for and whatever deal you put together price wise, the appraisal will justify it.

Third, you said no lates in 12 months correct?  Are there any lates post BK.  Generally any lates post BK can be a deal killer.  They will overlook a BK, but the credit has to be spotless post BK.  You might get a late or two slipped by if it was in 04 or 05, but if you have any in tha past 24 months it may be hard to get any approval.

Personally, if I were you, I would refrain from making any offers and risking any earnest deposits until I had a pre-approval from a lender.  There si no point in putting offers in until you now you can get the loan.  This is especially true with a BK in the last 5 years.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.