Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my options?

tag
bounceback
Established Member

What are my options?

Due to bad choices, my credit score was in the mid 500s 18 months ago. Now that I've been pretty diligent about paying everything on time for the last 1.5 years, my FICO EQ score is 628 and my FICO TU is 646. I still have about 3 paid collections in my report. 

I've also saved enough for an FHA level down payment (3.5%), can I think about applying for an FHA loan? Do I even have a chance? A friend of mine suggests a mortgage broker...what do you guys think?

thanks much in advance!

Starting Score: EQ 509, TU 532, EX FAKO 521 [May 2009]
Current Score: EQ 636, TU 667, EX 682 [lender pull 01/10/2011]
Goal Score: 730 across all CRAs

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are my options?

I think to make your chances best, you should wait until you have 2 years clean credit as well as get your midscore up to around 650. 
Most lenders are looking for 640 minimum score and with banks now requiring credit to be repulled at closing, it is common to see a score drop by close due to the mortgage inquiry so you want to have some wiggle room.  There are still lenders doing 620 loans, but they can be tough to get through approval and may be more so in the coming months.

What is your income and monthly debts?

Message 2 of 3
bounceback
Established Member

Re: What are my options?

thanks!

I paid off most off my debt.

My current monthly income (net) is $5400 and I have a car payment of $404/month

Starting Score: EQ 509, TU 532, EX FAKO 521 [May 2009]
Current Score: EQ 636, TU 667, EX 682 [lender pull 01/10/2011]
Goal Score: 730 across all CRAs

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.